Chapter 77

Alex

Nobody died.

I wasted three hours of my life.

Just like the way I wasted the past few weeks, months. Many more.

Glumly I pressed the big red round button on the remote as the screen goes blank as it shut downs completely in a blink. A zombie movie in which no one died? What kind of a cinematic experience is that?

"Hey Edmund" I holler turning to look at him through my shoulder, one of my arms casually placed upon the head rest of the couch "The movie sucked, it's a big flop. Hope your father hasn't invested much money on it"

The human I was trying to converse with ever so slowly turned his broad giantly clothed back from the kitchen and raised a brow at me.

I smirk, as I shrugged.

"Not that I care" at that his shoulder relaxes his posture screamed as expected from a typical you.

Damn. The upgraded level of savageness that flows through me.

"You have seen this thing three times since morning, what's the deal?" I lazily tilt my head back to Lee. For some hideous reason he maintained a fat grin while he enquired. This boy right here was a perfect subject for commercials on healthy teeth and gums. He could receive a kick on his sensitive member and yet scream all while smiling like a pennywise.

The guy sure can handle horror with happiness.

"Professionally gathering the negatives so I could piss him off" I say lazily as I watch his eyes lit up, like a puppy.

Since the day I began answering him without making him regret asking me a question. He had been questioning me a lot.

I wanted to stay humbly quiet the time when he first asked me when his facial hairs would be mature enough to grow, I don't even know what promoted him to ask me that since he practically trembled while he spoke.

Since staying quiet was rude, I gingerly had opened my mouth and blurted a fuck off.

It was in seventh grade.

He never showed me his face for a year.

I was glad.

But then I saw him cry, literally wail with his nose running like a leaking tap. It was because he got chicken pox right before his eight grade finals. It was Edmund I was looking for, I found him  instead in his room.

The sight disgusted me so I offered a stack of tissues.

He thanked me as he blew his nose with a grin. That confused me, so I asked him why he was smiling like a lunatic?

The answer quite perked my interest.

"I am happy because my plan worked" he sobbed " I hugged a girl infested with pox, it worked. I knew it would. I would've failed if I had attended" squealing he jumped as I stumbled a step back. Immediately I retreated two steps away and with my dead clutch on the door frame I watched him horrified as he began inspecting the bumps.

Then I whispered to myself.

"I need to- I must save Edmund from this- whatever this is"

But I couldn't. They were far deep in the sea of friendship for my fishing cord to pull him out from this mess.

Edmund laughed it off, that was fine.

Then he began to make him hang out with us. That was not.