Chapter 44

Elaine

"So what you are trying to say is he drenched his hair with soda himself, but made it look like you did it on purpose?" blankly staring at the brownish maroon bed side wall of Riley's room I nodded pouting, cradling from right to left, the navy blue swivel chair creaking at the movement.

"That doesn't make sense" she sat up erect on her bed frowning, resting her back against the head board.

"It does, the trending Stuart's twitter tag is #JusticeForAlexander. If that doesn't explain his motive then you are too dumb for this hell hole" at that Riley threw the cropped dark grey pillow at her brother who was sprawled on the bed of Riley's roommate, who was for the time being out for the weekend. It hits him right across his face as he puffs a smoke of pain.

"That's one of the million reasons why I regret having a sister" he grumbled as we ignored him simultaneously looking at each other as what he said a while back surfaced in.

"That's so vile and evil and so not Alexander." Her nose flared at the beginning but contorted into a wrinkle of confusion at the end as she continued. "I get it you imprinted his shirt and all, but this is too much for a revenge. I don't see a valid reason behind why he hates you so much. Do you have any idea why?"

Where's the list?

Let's see, we have had an on and off, crazy, delusional, platonic yet romanticized and demonetized history behind us, some involving encounters that ended up in students getting expelled and recklessly dodging near death experience.

And did I mentioned he thinks I cheated on him with my best friend even though we were not in relationship in the first place. Does that make sense?

And yeah, he kind of has anger issues. Just the sensitive one were you make human pulp, leaving behind some gut wrenching mess.

But instead I settled for,

"No"

"Strange" musing she played with the ends of her short raven black hair. I pretended to agree with her while inside I wanted nothing but to coil my fingers around that perfect, smooth and domineering neck of Alex. I've never had such brutal thoughts in my life, but he makes me ponder deeply about the prospect of little practice at rupturing facial muscles.

"Strange indeed" Jared added scrolling through his phone. The kid would be satisfied if a life sized monitor would walk down the aisle wearing a wedding gown, he will have a better happily married ever after with it rather than an actual Homosapien.

"So you tutored Shaun Lee?" her accusing stare was darted towards me.

"He asked for help" I shrugged, showcasing the fact that It's not much of a big of a deal.

"He call's you Chingu Elaine for God sake, he was being nice to you" her voice raised an octave high as she tried to make her point.

"Wait, Shaun Lee calls her what?" we ignored Jared's question once again as I squirmed on my seat. My clutch grouping the leather armrest. The scenario was similar to a drowned puppy being confronted by a large angry detective dog.

"One week into the academy and you already managed to make a friend and an enemy. And not just any commoner. But from the forbidden group of The Clique" she exclaimed dramatically as I rolled my eyes, but my body reacted to her word as a shiver ran down my spine.

"You are over reacting Riley, I think I can tackle some hate if the end result being tagged as a stuartian graduate. I am here to focus on my studies so I intend to do just that" lying through my teeth I got up dusting my skinny tight black jeans of imaginary dust and cookie crumbs that I had scoffed down a while ago.