Chapter 68

Elaine

The lack of self confidence reached it's soaring heights as soon as I made the decision, almost a push, shove and a warning stare down of knock his door or I'll break it down for a better cause by Edmund later I stood here alone. Edmund left when he heard a loud crash from his own dorm, probably Lee in action.

Rubbing my hands together I try to ease the shooting nerves, and when I was assured that quitting was not an option I raised my knuckles to his door and knocked. No response.

I waited for a minute and one more after another knock. With a short dejected sigh I turn to leave, throwing all such mustered will power out of my body entirely. And that's when the lock decides to be clicked open.

With now stripped of every senses that I would've reacted on a certain way in his presence, I intellectually blink biting my lower lip to stop from blurting out the first thing that came into my head as I saw him.

Hot.

No amount of visual imagery and fantasy could prepare any girl to watch this side of Alex and not become tongue tied, weak on their knees and haywired by their own wild thoughts.

The white towel hung loosely over his neck while his damp wet hair that was matted to his fore head brought out the intensity of his blue eyes, he wore a simple black shirt, it's sleeve folded revealing his veiny forearms, he did the justice to his outfit better than any universal model could've. And don't even get me started on those lips, the humidity of a steam bath and the sensitivity of the skin that had brought out such a phenomenal shade and possible softness.

It was illegal.

Too dazed by the appearance I failed to direct my focus towards what he was saying in general.

"-the delay, was taking a shower" pursing my lips in distaste I look at him, now aware of the sharp smirk his face had.

My eyes widened a bit, the beats of my heart erratic and my conscience face palming her forehead.

Well, I did checked him out in the way I never did before. What was happening to me? I whine inside my head.

You are growing up.

Before I could let my own debate with my conscience takes hold of me, and I forget my presence here and his entirely, I shift on my heels to look at him completely.

"Alex i-"

"Come in" he says moving to the side, pulling the door ajar with him. With my head low, and curtaining the burns of blush with my hair I slowly take countable steps inside.

The sound of aperture closes shut behind me with a clink. Slowly breathing from my mouth I look up, quite surprised to see the large area that covered his room unlike mine. Dark black and grey walls, ceiling to floor windows, an adjoined green house, large LED screen mounted on wall and furniture that looked like they came straight out of a homestyle magazine. Aligned, supervised and administered to perfection. Like him.

I had never been to anyone else's dorm before except for Riley's, and was aware that every one had their own customized chambers in Elite and Edmund only shares his with Lee to help him with his night adventures. But to know Alex lived here, just beside mine with an approximate of seventy five percent more luxury than the others from even the academy was depressive.

One because it symbolized how powerful he was.

Two, because I deliriously was aware that I share the same position as him.

The status that made him different than others, was equally mine. It wrecked us both. Alienated us, damaged us.

How is all this mightiness even impressive in ways when you can't even have a good night's sleep because of it?