Chapter 43

Elaine

I will not chicken out!

Curling my sweaty hands into a fist I tugged at my tie with the other. As if loosening it will help me Breath in and calm my nerves better.

But I focused my sole determination on the reflection of polished glass door in front of me. I saw the uncertain stance of a deliberating girl change, as she stood straight up, adjusting the strap of her back pack on sides. I shook my head, scrambling away any cowardly second thoughts I had. The hair framing my forehead tickled due to the momentum while my high pony tail swayed.

I repeated again.

I will not chicken out! Especially on the day when they serve free chicken.

I am not afraid of him or his influence. And there was platonic reason I slept with a baseball bat tucked under the pillow last night and not because he was merely five steps away from my room.

So I walk in, my presence causes the black panels to accelerate, as it yawns open.

The tenacious thoughts deflates as soon as the numerous eyes lands upon me. Soon with each step the whisper grows. Touch on my skin through their vision burns my skin, but I duck my head low, peering at my rhythm as heels of my shoe slaps the surface.

It spreads faster than the flow of oxygenated blood from the ventricles to the whole of the body. The conversation between me and Lee was foreshadowed by the extreme unfortunate encounter that went with Alex.

I've heard so many theories being constructed behind my back, and they already has decided on names for me, other than my original one of course. Not that my original one is actually real.

But the bright side was at least this school has impressive vocabularies, Summerville aced it's creative quotient and went dumb after prolifically tagging me a word that rhymed with witch.

Weaving my path unconsciously ahead, my train of thoughts came to an abrupt end when my nose softly bumped against someone's back.

"Sorry" I mumbled rubbing my nose.

The back belonging to the boy became front when he turned. I stared at his uniform clad chest for a few seconds before I looked up.

"It's perfectly fine chingu" mentally I stomped my feet on the ground childishly whining, but in reality I blinked at him not even the sun himself can lift my mood up today.

"Oh" absentmindedly I walk past him, forgetting the fact that we were suppose to stand in an aligned line to receive food. But when I noticed a dispersed line already that's when I realize they had shifted to give the member of The clique a short en route for him to get what he wants.

I shake my head grunting, what the hell is wrong with them? This is a freaking school and the social hierarchy is just too much to stamp up at such an young age, meddling with the raw psychology of teenagers.

The intensified headache was making it harder for me to think straight, and add on the fact that I am about to get my period in a day or two. And when the time of the month comes around I am well aware of the person I become. And Nathan has first hand experience with this.

Frowning I point my index towards the food I desired from the menu. The boy behind the counter throws a really apologetic glance behind me, probably at Lee.

"Why are you looking at me? Give her what she wants" my browns shot up in surprise as I shifted to look at Lee, wondering did that authoritative voice actually came from him?

Now that he had my attention he gave me a sheepish grin, I rolled my eyes not being able to help the traitorous smile out of my face.

"How are you always so cheerful? Don't you like ever have had a bad day?" I ask him, sniffing slightly at the aroma of roasted meat.