Chapter 37

Elaine

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"For the eight time yes, I am fine. I'll probably watch some movies and eat a lot before crashing the bed. You need to get going" I assured her, helping her into the beige over coat.

"I can't believe they're making me work even on Christmas night. This is absurd" infuriatingly she slipped on her Magenta green heels, balancing her work case on her arms.

"What can I say? The town is not getting over the best designer this place has to offer"i smile as she pulls me into a warm hug.

"I am so sorry honey; I know I promised to be here, celebrate the night with you" Diana's voice cracks at the end as I return the hug.

"No crocodile tears please, you are going to ruin my dress" lighting up the mood with a high pitched and annoyed tone I blurt out, making her laugh in return. Probably recalling the kind of common customer likewise she deals with.

She plants a hasty kiss on my cheeks and urgently strides to her car. I Wave a bye as the vehicle pulls off the drive way.

As soon as she's out of my sight a loud sigh escapes my lips, my shoulders falling in defeat, feeling lonelier than ever before.

I walk back to the living room gathering some fresh treat for brave and sliding the bowl towards his eager awaiting wagging tongue to devour it, I fall upon the couch, bouncing it like a kid.

"So I guess it's just you and me huh?"

He ignores my attempts to strike a conversation as he happily chews on his juicy bones.

Pouting I switch on the Netflix, to play some Christmas movie. In between I traded the white floral strapless dress that Diana had gifted me to a long sleeved maroon sweater which fell to my knees, pairing it with some black leggings.

Even going as far as to don a Christmas beanie, the one that comes with white snowball wreath on top.

Halfway through the film I found myself stalking over unofficial school's facebook page. Yes, I have a social media account now. Surprising, what two month of insanity can do to an intellectual person.

There were outrageous response and disbelieve on the occasion of Tyler Wren turning his status to in Relationship. Which was not a bit startling as the whole school practically witnessed him and Melissa eating each other's face every day.

Subsequent to the event of the certain three students relinquishing their educational priorities quarter into the year, the school resumed back to worshipping the old popular group or what was left of it.

Tyler, David, Melissa were the 'it' group everyone followed or talked about. As for me, I was more than elated to have people out of my hairs.

The winter semester ended two days back and for past two days I had been doing nothing but staring at my white ceiling or stuffing my face with calories.

It was like a reticent agreement between the physical nerves on my body with the curious sensors of my brain cells to fall in an active mode of hibernation.

That is until Diana proposed the prospect of cooking for Christmas dinner did my ears perked up. We were in the middle of our mouthwatering meal did she got the emergency call with no niche for excuses.

I haven't met Ashley in days, may be almost a month. After the disastrous hallowing party which I still kick the memory off my brains when it subconsciously crawls up, hurting my pathetic self in the process I avoided everything and place that ever had anything to do with him.