Chapter 26

Elaine

Weird.

The only word to illustrate the events of this week.

You might assume that after Alex's confession everything would've changed. If then, you are absolutely, unquestionably, and positively can't be anymore correct.

He is a teaser, a spirited man in the field who knows what he does to make me feel things that I thought only existed in books, simply by looking at me.

Show me who he is. That's what he said when he told me that he liked me.

Shit, he likes me. He confessed.

How can I wrap my mind around this when it's all over the place? And in every place, there seems to exist a bit of Alex. Everywhere.

His sly glances were now full-blown stares, even when I catch him doing it during classes he smirks it off.

And boy can he smirk.

On a good note, He did start hanging out with Aiden, April, and I in the cafeteria, though his snarky remarks about them never, like never ever seems to irk them. As if they get paid to be nice to him they subtly brush his criticism with a laugh.

See, weird.

"Are you sure y-y-you want a third w-w-wheel between you both" Noah wiggled his brows poking me on the side ribs with his index, as I rang the bell to Alex's house.

Noah knows how Alex feels about me. And you expect him to not remind me about it every second of my existence? He's Noah for god sake. What was I thinking?

"For the umpteenth time, no. even if you are a wheel you'd be the fifth wheel, two of my other friends are here too. Remember?" I retorted, combing my fingers through my hair.

Alex reminded us of the movie night as it was Friday today and suggested we could do it at his house as Mrs. Bryson and Ashley were out of town for the night. Since Noah was the regular among us allies, the offer was promoted to the twins who said they don't have a shit to do either.

Though we know what happened after he left, we never actually talked about it. Jace was a sinful name to be mentioned, like a silent agreement he was never brought up.

But it sparsely changed the relationship we had, it just became stronger and bolder.

"There b-better not be m-m-more guys, I haven't p-p-permitted you to d-date a-Alex ei-" his sentence fell short when the rattling of the knob was heard, and soon among the unlatched door stood April.

"Took you long enough" she dragged me in a little as she frowned at the man behind me.

"You must be the infamous Noah" her confusion soon dissolved into a friendly smile.

I flexed my neck to peer at my buddy, still by the door frame. Eyes wide open as he swallowed.

Oh God, was he nervous to talk?

Should I've thought once more before inviting him? I began my paranoid scale.

My doubts were soon thrown out of the window when something that I never expected him to dare of came out of his mouth.

"Y-you a-are gorgeous" he breathed.

An amused April bit her lips as she looked at me, and then at Noah.

"And I am his gorgeousness" a gruff voice behind us made his debut. I don't have to see to know that it belongs to. Aiden with big brother stance of try hitting on my sister, you won't have an eye to hit within future kind.