Chapter 60

As for any confusion where the readers doubt about the absence of Clarissa in abbreviation, it's mentioned in previous chapter that Ian holds just 9 percent shares of elite and works as an attorney for the corporation. Hence clarissa can chose to follow her fathers footsteps or is free to have different career if she desires. She is not welded to an empire like Eliza and Alex. Since Ian is also a co founder his name is a part of Elite. Hope this helps.

Elaine

Flipped. Upside down and inside out. That's when a certain individual uses these terms to portray the drastic change in their life.

I wish it was the same with me. That these words were valid enough to do justice in my present case.

But no, they were meager, fragile and ineffective. My world felt like it has been shattered into a gust of dust, only to be rebuild again with blocks and boulders of reality and truth, which was too strong and big, with walls so high that I felt trapped, I was trapped.

The night air wasn't cold, though my heart silently chanted it's desire to be it, as I welcomed the humid wind, as I expect it to induce my skin with something, anything that could distract me from this.

But nothing helps.

My mind still wanted to live in denial, when deep down it knew, there was no way out.

My inner self was still in their retired and tired session of debate. It has been since I strolled into the city park by the evening and sat on a bench which faced the city.

The chatter and playful atmosphere sluggishly morphed to a serene and calm sense when the night fell.

Bright clouds acquired a dark veil, the lights from uptown dominated the sky, illuminating it with it's urban beauty. Buildings, trees, cars, and people. Ignited, passed, slept and moved on.

But I sat glued to the wooden bench, in the same spot with the familiar deadness. The luminous from the Scarpers bathing me with a visual light, it wasn't so easy with the sullen darkness inside me which thirsted for some comfort.

Pulling my legs to chest I lay the side of my head on them, pressing them stiffly upon the grainy stocking clad knees.

I want to go home. I thought.

Home.

Seattle? Summersville? Where they ever my home?

I was given an answer. But they were too atrocious, crazy and cold.

"A pent house in new York, two in this very building countless estate, a millennium club and shares- are you alright" Ian paused as he realized I wasn't responding much, with each of his words I could feel the blood draining from the pointed edge of my ears, baring me pale.

"I think so" I crack, soothing my throat immediately next by taking a sip of water from the glass.

Ians eyes bores into mine, thoughtful and calculative as he refuses to continue enlightening me about what my share of funds includes.

"I know it's a lot to take in" he says diverting his attention for a split second to acknowledge a waiter with a curt nod as he refiles his wine, "my apologies for taking it so fast"

Gnawing at the inside of my lower lip I lazily play with the food on plate, the fork gingerly scarping against it with hundards of thoughts clouding me, but each gliding back to one question.

"you asked me not to trust anyone" I ask him lifting my gaze bluntly, meeting his orbs for the first time since he offered to have a talk with me by lunch, after he seamlessly laid my past open for me to ponder on.