Chapter 39

Elaine

"I can't feel my butt" Nathan groaned laying his head gingerly upon the steering wheel.

"Tell me about it" I said wiggling my behind across the seat slightly as an attempt to cure it's numbness. They felt lifeless, like a delicate cushion under the rough scraping fabric of my jeans.

"That's quite common when you drive eight hours straight, almost choking the life out of them by cutting their blood flow" he slowly tilted to open the door and tenderly hoisted his ass up, with precaution as he got out.

I followed the same pattern sluggishly.

We stood by the bonnet of his car helping our protesting muscles with much needed stretching before we walked back to the trunk, unloading it of my contents.

It was a day before new year, when Diana brought the posts in. squeezed in between her families and friends cards and greetings was an envelope that had a thick golden emblem with a black S in cursive. I waited impatiently for Diana to notice it, my legs tapping ferociously on the ground as I ate my breakfast. Or pretended to.

When she opened the seal from it, it was then my heart felt as if it could jump out of my chest and would start doing somersaults. The way it did when I had received the email last night, prior to the letter which possibly bored the same contents.

Office of administration.

Ms Elaine Winters

907 green cross drive

Summersville, NC 99144

Based on your extraordinary academic and personal qualifications, I am delighted to inform you that the admission committee has selected you as a founder's scholar.

Your achievements indicate that you have the talents and capabilities necessary to make most of the many academic and extracurricular opportunities characteristics of a Stuartian education. As a student offered admission to the academy in middle of the term, you are among the only individual selected from the remarkable applications we received, whose academic and personal qualities are particularly impressive. We extend our warmest welcome to the our academy.

Stuart academy is stronger than ever and offers unprecedented opportunities in high level education based on individuals subject excellence. The student body and faculty are among the very best in the world,resulting in a learning environment characterized by intellectual rigor. On behalf of our management I invite you to join the Stuart family.

I encourage you to visit the admission website to read students blogs and faculty profiles, take a virtual tour and long into live online chats.

I look forward to seeing you on campus soon.

Sincerely,

Giselle Reilgh

Vice president

Admission management.

Her expression was that of confusion as she read, I saw it flip from shock to surprise and then

"What on the earth?" she breathed.

"I can explain-" I said getting up from my seat, chewing the contents of my mouth.

"You applied for scholarship?" her disbelief was evident as she scanned the paper in her clutch once again. I admit it was sad to see her like this.

"Yes, but i-"

"And you got selected" randomly she exclaimed, I frowned my lips parted for next words that didn't made its way out as I saw her grin.

"You got selected" she walked over my side and hugged me so tight that I had to remind her about my diaphragm compressing which she waved off.