Chapter 70

Elaine

Open ground with wide field fence surrounding us. That's were he bought me after the dinner in a posh A lister restaurant, the kind were even thinking inside your own brain felt expensive and classic.

And not to forget the reserved secluded section in large outing structure that he had made sure to bribe the manager of, since the first encounter of denial by the same man because of the rush hour was over powered by the sentence

"For two, under Thomas White"

And the white part did the job.

It made the poor manager, hard to manage to the no reservation, no dinner posture. Instead he took us to the balcony, A circular outing with the most beautiful satin and curtained décor I had ever witnessed live. The candles and flowers and everything that would pass as the most romantic atmosphere one could brisk out.

And I look down at my attire to see the most casual and undately cloth ever.

I mean a cocktail dress or even a gown couldn't have surpassed the elegance of it. And here I was, stood out in this place like the Wolverine inside a big pink frilly ballet school.

The comparison in my head was funny so I giggle.

Snapping his head in my direction Alex looks at me calculatively.

"You don't like it? if not we'll go to some other place. I know this- where are you going?"

I pull the chair and plop myself down. Crossing the legs I look at him. The boy who could make a grown up man wither with fear with his mere name, rambling around with hesitation at the giggle of an seventeen year old girl.

"Take a seat" I gesture as he squints his eyes with a small smile curving his lips, like as if he should've expected something unexpected from me.

His walks to the chair and even the act of him making himself comfortable in it was a segment of art. The closer you inspect the more perfect he looks.

Alexander White wasn't aware how different he was than others, But to see him handle the fork and knife and eat with such delicacy and manliness was unconscious to him. It made him so naturally ornate.

After my little survey, I focused back on my own platter once it was served, the one he chose for me since I could barely pronounce the name of the food in menu. For the first five minute we spent trying to correct it.

And the dinner went something like this.

"stop looking at me, isn't it you who was always against the idea of someone watching the other one eat to be uncomfortable" I mumble pointing the edge of the knife at him, then looking down to help the dice of chicken casserole a La Normande into my mouth. Trying not to moan at the flavors that filled my taste buds, I lift my gaze up to look at him while chewing slowly.

To see if he had reacted according to my statement.

But no.

There was that smile again, unconscious and weighed. The hot kind, that made my cheeks feel hotter than the edibles in my plate.

Without looking down he forks his own helping, yet the gaze remained glued to my face, strong and unbothered. So I try another card.

"Four thousand eight hundred and twenty six Americans died chocking on their food as of last year. Reason, not concentrating on their food"

For a second his lips pulls down as he nods, as if he was impressed by the number. Hoping he got the idea behind it. I almost resume eating again, half way to swallow it when-