Chapter 33

Elaine

I had never been to a soccer match before, the only time I sat at the bleachers was in my old school. Sure I had been on the ground when P.E coach would make us all sweat blood during our junior year. It was also the perfect opportunity for students to picture me as a target disguised as flesh and bones. In all, this place held memories that were cringe worthy enough for me to avoid them as much as I could.

But here I was today, seated at the farthest corner, with the huge wall behind protecting me from the blazing sun, the shadow acting out as a shield while I chew on my apple. The zone was empty, except for some sports enthusiasts who were practicing over the field even during lunch.

I stretch my legs, resting them upon the head of the seat in front as I leaned back comfortably, scanning my tab once in a while as I crunch on the juicy goodness.

The multiple screens showed me the present status of high school, students in the cafeteria eating mysterious meat that was provided to them, some in detention, make out breaks for lovers across corridors and principal Hopkins in her office getting up from her seat to get a break for herself. An everyday common occurrence, nothing special.

I hacked into the security surveillance the day I finally had aced my training from Nathan, I can not just watch, but also control what the school's security base sees, who would in all honesty be doing their job. They could witness the same student running out of washrooms for three days straight if I want them to. Being a fast learner has its perks when you master an art thrice the time early as anyone else could. Though my behavior may sound creepy, the intentions are pure.

During my bullying years, I would use the footage to direct me to the safest route from where I could avoid the bullies, It was of use only till the whole school was turned against me. One must be wondering that since now the bullying ceased, what's the use of stalking the whole school population?.

Let's just accept the fact that it has to do with certain three homo sapiens who I would like to avoid at all cost.

A loud whistle cuts through the air as I narrow my eyes to the source, the coach has appeared in the scene making the jocks run laps across the arena.

I entertain myself in their misery for a while but soon got bored and returned to the tab on my lap.

The next bite of apple paused in mid bite as I saw two familiar faces enter, no scratch that sneak into the Principals office in her absence.

They both seem to argue over something before, Aiden stands by the door outside as April goes inside and wanders over to the computer.

Now that's interesting.

And also stupid, since they could get expelled if they were caught. Which they surely would have if I wasn't generous enough to have replayed the older footage for the guards in charge to see.

For some reason I found myself getting up, swinging the backpack in one of my shoulders I walked to the destination, as I did so my conscience questioned me about my crumbling profile of self respect. But I shoved them away into the corner of my head wishing I could do the same at night when sleep was too precious for my senses.

I had dumped the pills after Nathans outburst. It was time I do it. But I also know the outcome. In near future I see myself struggling, breaking and tiring the nerves which would always depend on those little white drugs for sleep and sensibility.

I wish I am wrong.

Ignoring Aiden who still stood in the same position leaning against the wall beside the door trying to be casual jumped a little when he noticed me go for the knob.