Chapter 7

Elaine

Warm wind blew my hair into tangles as i stepped inside the cozy cafe situated a little farther away from school. It was the only place where i felt like my life was normal, this sanctuary felt like breathing as none opted for an homey looking cafe with its toasty interior and old couple baked goodies to the young themed and crowded one across school.

But I know better than to present my face there just to be rewarded with welcoming words. I am no weak, defenseless lady to hurt around myself to what they say or do. I just don't care. It's simple, they are too worthless for my time, too weak to handle my past, and too judgmental to know what I have planned for my future.

Being an outcast was my own decision. No one can be trusted.

But a part of me saw something different in Alex. I saw him try, rectify and fight himself on many occasions. He was not what he tries to be, well-tried. since he now behaves like himself.

Distancing himself from me was not my reflex, at times he seemed harmless. But Karly Hart had other plans for me. Three weeks ago and an encounter in the washroom later I knew she liked him, she made it clear after her two minions held me by arms as she forcefully shoved a spoonful of peanut butter to which I am graced with powerful allergy call and a bold IDIOT printed on my forehead with permanent marker gave me the ultimatum.

I Skipped the rest of the day and wasted my precious time trying to remove the ink, blowing my nose, and scratching myself. Not the best of experience.

By the time I went to babysit Ashley, I knew how to get him off my life.

I Rubbed both my hand as a warm plate of waffles was deposited in front of me. Strawberries and whipped cream.

Two bites later Noah joined me.

"H-how do you eat st-strawberries with all that crea-am, It's sick-k-ening" he says taking a sip out of his black coffee.

"Not many are fans of that dark thing you drink that resembles your soul, but do you see me judging you?" I snap.

He raises his hands in surrender and gives me a what's gotten into you look?

"Diana wants me to attend the therapy" I sink into my seat sighing.

"N-n-nightmares?" I nod.

This time he sighs. "You need to have a so-social life, y-you probably should forget a-about what happened b-back then. It's time you move on"

The way he looked at me gave me chills, it was like for once he knows that he's right, which to happen was a rarity.

And he still barely knows anything about me. Best friend for the sake of not dying all alone.

So selfish.

"N-Nathan was asking about you, I kindly asked him to p-piss off" he said smirking while stirring the drink with a spoon.

Bearing a friend always comes with a package, so Noah came with Nathan. Big brother by a year and a major flirt by birth.

He said he was mesmerized by my beauty when I first visited the clinic at the age of thirteen. In the next session, her Mom told me that her elder son wished to marry a girl like me, so I must not think that there was anything was wrong with me. when he was out of his senior year and decided to skip a period before joining college, he suggested we get married that year.

For a boy who took advanced classes, he was a total immature playboy. And my favorite pastime became to crack ideas on how to avoid Nathan Ross's mission when he was in town. But unrequited grudges apart, Nathan was the one popular boy in town, noted and admired for his academic nature. He was a prodigy. A computer geek and aspiring student to pursue a career in medicine, falling in his parent's footsteps.