Chapter 36

Elaine

"It's Halloween today" Nathan declared leaning his back on headboard of my bed.

"Thanks for reminding me, I wouldn't have known" I said scanning his costume, a black and white tuxedo complimented by a shiny pair of shoes, I wonder what he is?

"A-a-and you are here r-reading a book about whales mating" Noah grumpily stated sleeping on his stomach beside his brother who chuckled. He has been like that since April left. It's been a week and all I do is think about him and other times try not to think about him.

"It's about animal's behavior and psychology" I ducked my head turning into a new page.

"I see a whale on cover page who looks like its having the time of his life, I bet there's a chapter dedicated about it" Nathan crossed his arms behind his head sighing.

"Can we not talk about this" I shuddered and resumed reading.

I waited for them to leave, but the glorious period never came. Instead they snuggled more comfortably under my duvet. Frowning I sat up on the bean bag. Closing the book with force I gave them a plain look.

"Why are you guys here?"

"You know why"

"I am not coming"

"F-fine" Noah pulled the sheets over his head, his whole frame engulfed by the fabric as I rolled my eyes. Secretly I know he wished to be here rather than at the party. He still hasn't gotten over the fact that April left without a goodbye.

As if you are.

"What about you Nathan? Isn't it you who's throwing the party? You should be playing the phenomenal host like you always do." I encouraged him while he smirked nodding his head.

"Then go" I emphasize the latter but to no avail did he even as much as budge from his position.

"c-can you g-guys shut up, I-I am trying to get so sl-leeeeww" Noah's muffled words changed to a whine when I hastily tore the sheets off him. He abruptly got up, hands flying to cover his chest as if he was naked.

"Why do you want me to go to the party so bad?" I ask walking over Nathan's side and grabbing him by his wrist tugging his sleeve to levitate his ass out of the bed. But boy was he heavy. I ended up panting after the little tug of war with most effort by my part alone.

"Because we want to and we can" Nathan smirked, with that said he was out of the mattress in a lightning speed and hoisted me up on his shoulders. I gasped aloud screaming, watching an amused Noah sitting at the corner of my bed, may I add the fact that all that I saw was upside down.

"Put me down" I growled as he kept walking, I heard the clink of a lock opening before I was bought to my feet. I was in my bathroom. My head felt dizzy and before I could realize what was happening Nathan rushed out and locked the door from outside as I banged my fist, screaming mild profanities for him to let me out.

"Not until you come with us" I could picture him leaning his back against the door, impatiently tapping his foot.

No doubt I can spent the whole night here in washroom if I wanted to, I won't even complain. But was all my stubbornness worth the effort they are making for me to have some fun?

After that night I was severely grounded with some strict ground rules, I haven't seen Diana so angry since, since I met her. She was fuming and shivering at the same time, like she wanted to kill ten people at once.

Guilt flooded in me as I thought back to the ways I had treated her. But I was scared, frightened even to let her break through the walls I had built around myself. Steady the wall enough that no one dared to break it until he came in.