Chapter 62

Elaine

Pulling the hoodie lower to cover my eyes I sigh, trying to shroud off the moon light seeping softly through the windows. Lowering my gaze I watch the angled hue relish the tiled floor of the schools corridor, stopping right as they reach the tip of my boots.

The very corridor were students were prohibited with severe warnings to not loiter around after school hours. The one I was lounging in.

The cold wall behind me served as a comfort for my spine and whole of back with my legs lazily crossed by the front as I sat, more like half laid. A tab that I occasionally leer over, forgotten beside for more than fifteen minutes now as an angry Electro blared from the lone stuck headphone.

In short if anyone were to see me now, they could mistake me for death or a psycho with all due respect and I won't even as much as scowl at the remark.

But I did frown, grunted and grumbled some undigested words to myself from the very nick of the second when he started acting the way he did, like-like the way he shouldn't.

Not a moment was I Ieft alone. Minus the bathroom and my room. By the way he regarded my every move and the breath I took from far or near told me he just needed an invite even as to do so. Alex was a mystery when he refused to do anything, by anything I mean going as far as to permanently rest his facial features under a sculpted mask made of iron, but now when he actually used them, he became more of a mystery. The worst of a kind.

Not just to me, but to the whole of academy.

It took one boy, one day and one smile to set the school on frenzy. He was trending, and so was the picture of him with the gorgeously breathtaking curve of positively smiling lips at me.

The attention was too much on me, more then what Ian told me to go for. Stay low.

But what that happened isn't exactly that one would call being ambiguous.

Surprisingly to see our face, my face plastered over the mobile screens of every baffled, confused and oddly gawking students with hostile glares failed to make me anxious like before. Instead I found myself rubbing my temple with the index. Soothing the low tread of headache before i decided once and for all.

By evening I had the smoothly running surveillance of the Academy's honorary block, Elite's hallway and café de Flore's present status at my service. Hence the tabs on my tablet kept me updated.

Two hours of victory, the time lapse since my last encounter with Alex when i had dressed up as a thief and sneaked out of my own dorm high on my toes. Only to see him round the hallway with a bottle of water and stony scowl on his face. The creasses of disturbed essence that all three of us carried since we left the principal's office.

A problem to ponder upon later. A theoretical practice that starts in a week. A main cast who looks like they would rather strangle each others neck even before the real action of play begins.

Outside the cabin is when both Edmund and Alex fixed an extremely unfriendly glare at each other, it involved clenched jaws, icy daggers and fisted palms. And a pinch of ignore the girl in between till they saw it fit to part.

I breathed a sigh of relief to see them both disappear across either corridor. A happiness which was butchered short when Alex mightily barged into the next class, a little late. A little cold. A little like himself. but still there. In my class.

Long story short, he leered at the device in my hand. A flick of recognition swirled on air as he narrowed his gaze, with wide eyes I cursed my stars though I don't believe a micron in zodiacs.