Chapter 25

Elaine

It's not an everyday occurrence In my life when I find myself in the cafeteria sipping on a milkshake blessed to be sitting across two extremely friendly people who most certainly cares a lot about texting and eating with supreme concentration rather than human interactions.

"This is literal shit" Aiden said with his mouthful of burger. Crumbs falling everywhere as he spoke.

"Then stop eating it" April, still glued to her screen made a logical statement.

"Hah, it was your turn to make the breakfast and you escaped. How do you expect me to keep this muscles alive if I starve?" flexing his arms he resumed to stuff his mouth.

Now that I actually took a moment to notice Aiden, he did had a hunk of flesh buried under his baggy sweater and a chiseled jaw line and face behind those hideous glasses.

"And you were suppose to clean and wash dishes last night, I found your boxers on my dresser, above my hair straightener. I repeat your boxers." Her mobile was long forgotten as it lay solitary on table, her glare directed towards a scarlet faced Aiden.

He looked at me and then at April who smirked innocently. Who could have guessed such a harmless appearing face can reveal embarrassing stories about her brother in public.

"You know what" he growled at his twin "I am not contributing to pay the apartment rent this month"

April was about to argue with a hatching scowl when I cut them off.

"you guys live on your own?"

There must've been some impact of my words as they gawked at me a little.

"yeah"

"No"

They both replied simultaneously making me raise a brow in question.

"I mean yes and no, we live alone but our grandmother lives across. She helps when we need something." April rushed of answering as Aiden saw it better to stuff his mouth once again.

"we are eighteen by the way" April added smiling.

"Does Alex know her?" my question was met with Aidens unpleasant choke.

Few days back when Jace and Karly were expelled from school April and Aiden informed me of it. they told me how Alex convinced to have witnessed the act and reported it to higher authorities. Apparently, only the reporters name was enough for the council to decide on suspension.

They were the same members who asked for proof when I, the bullied myself wanted justice.

But the question here stands was, how did the twin know so much about him. he never even mentioned them until that day when I saw them with him.

When I phrased my doubts they laughed and coughed and finally when they saw how serious I was they told me he was their cousin from Mrs. Bryson's side.

And also that he was not much fond of them.

From that day I haven't seen him, Mrs. Bryson said he left for Florida. But assured me not for long, he'll be back before I knew it.

But only if she was in my shoes shed have known how hard it was.

He always pushes me away when he thinks what he did was wrong, but in this instance, he wasn't. it was time. They had gone too far. I wanted to tell him that, make him realize how much of a big deal he is for me. But even the technology fails when the user blocks your number.

"No, our grandmother has Alzheimer's" Aided wheezed a response as April patted his back, quite harshly.

"Forget about this, tell us about your first date, how my brother is when it comes to romance and stuffs" April wiggled her brows mischievously as now it was my turn to choke on air. Way to go.