Chapter 51

Elaine

"Don't you dare take a step forward. Stay away from my legs" My wails of protest sharply teared though the dense and statuesque ambiance of the spa room within the guest mansion.

The ill fated beautician who accepted the call for home appointment through Hailey flinched, beside her the plump looking hair dresser with bloody red lips wearing the same blue-black uniform like the one who has a blood thirst towards my innocent legs tried to suppress her giggles. But turned her back to me when I glared at her, perilously.

I was angry at them. But they were strangers doing their job to which I've no say towards. In reality it was substantially depressing to know that my own best friend and people I've grown so generously admiring towards were the actual culprit behind my present misery.

"It's not going to hurt that much. Trust me on this" Riley hesitantly stated crouched down at my right as I struggled to wiggle out my arm from her clutch, the very hands that helped her with countless school works now laid captive as she held them grounded to the armrest of my seat with a surprisingly strong grip upon my wrist on the order of someone for who, once again I had sacrificed so much of my wit and energy for.

"Is this how you both return my favors?" with a shameful whine I looked at Clarissa who mirrored Riley's actions as she held my left hand. The Hispanic girl clad in soft knee length robe, similar to one worn by Riley, Hailey and even me, smirked amused. From the corner I sensed Hailey from her seat discard the cucumber from her eyes and focused her mere attention towards the commotion involving a damsel in severe distress.

"This must be done" I took a heavy intake of air, my eyes widening as clarissa declared without a hint of remorse.

"This is vile, evil and sadistic and evil" I growled whining, which was a heartbreaking sound even for my own ears. But them, it was evident that they had traded their heart and emotions for the night to a devils soul as Clarissa snorted and with a flick of wave motioned the girl to come forward. I watch her eyes give my legs a lewd once over. The kind that made me crave for the romanticizing nose ejecting orbs of the lobster downstairs.

"Don't you dare"

"It's me who will cut your cheque"

"And these are my legs"

"Her legs or your job"

"This physical assa-"

But before I could finish the code of law a small cold hands snaked from behind and clamped my mouth shut.

"Do it" the breezy voice of Hailey was the last resort as my eyes congested shut in accord. I didn't opened them till I felt the hot, gelatenious wax being poured upon my skin and that's when I regretted ever sharing the harmless fact with these people who I call friends. Apparently it was a pretty big, eye opening, world shattering knowledge to know that I've never- ever like - ever waxed my legs or arms.

I was happy with my promising three bladed razor and aloe creams. But to them, waxing was something that was mandatory for a girl to go through.

When I explained the stupidity of it to why go through so much pain when in the end it's mere your hair that goes homeless, which is possible either ways. I wasn't expecting to be in the situation as I am now five minutes earlier.

When the she devil, don't judge me for the words -fixed the waxing strip above and smoothed it to my skin I felt it's tightness. By now as a charitable gesture Hailey had removed her hands of my lips. But to my dismay and their gaiety the moment arrived as she, hesitantly, cruelly, brutally and with a look of my quivering lips helplessly peeled it of.