Chapter 28

Elaine

"This is a bad idea"

"He snores?"

"And he added a touch of glittery unicorn to the already masculine pink wall of mine"

"This is a bad idea" I repeated wishing some sort of brain cells might convince Aiden to drop this plan and retreat.

"He snores so loud" Alex stated the obvious fact as on cue the vibrating thunder from Noah's chest took the orchestra an octave high.

All three of us stood at the foot of Noah's bed admiring his shirtless back as he laid on his stomach, arms sprawled, mouth agape. His visage appeared so small and so innocent. At times I tend to forget how young he is, credit to the colorful vocabulary of his.

"What if he dies of a shock or heart attack?" I swallowed, reasoning it to Aiden.

"He's a seventeen year old boy Elaine, he will survive. If he doesn't, Alex here knows how to perform a CPR" He said fiddling with the button on his digital high revolution camera took his position on the right side of the bed.

"He's sixteen" Alex nodded in Noah's direction, his last try to melt Aiden's revengefully burning heart.

"He turned sixteen just a few months back" I added. My voice still wheezing and muffled due to the fangs. It sounded as if I had stuffed a whole donut into my mouth in one go.

Deep thoughtful lines crowned his head, even in the night light his features were visible enough for our naked eyes to see.

"Then the kid has a thing for older girls" he went back to his old stance. Rolling eyes in defeat I moved to the left of the bed where Noah's face was angled in an uncomfortable position.

"What am I suppose to do?" Alex whispered, still in the same position to no one in particular.

"Hide your pretty ass somewhere" a faint groan erupted in my throat as the two began bickering back and forth again.

I crouched to level myself to his face as he stirred in his sleep.

I signalled them both to shut up.

And for the sake of a sleeping Noah, they did.

"Wake him up with your charm" Aiden from ear piece said wickedly, and yes I have a Bluetooth stuck to my ear. Insert a mission impossible theme here. Except that the set up looks like a failed attempt on low budget parody.

"Wakey wakey Noah" I tried the croaked old woman's voice.

"You are suppose to scare him, not convince him to play candy crush"

Clearing my throat, I tried again

"Noah Ross, your death is here" the creepy baby one this time had both the boys snickering. I could hear them in between a loud rupture of Noah's snores. Yes, that's all the reaction I got from the knocked out goat of a friend of mine.

"That sounded like a cat going through rough phase of diarrhoea"

Growling I sat erect, hovering over his face. I even cracked my neck from left to right for the effect.

But before I could vomit my best horrific vocal of all time, tore open his chocolate brown eyes. Solely to blankly look at me for a few seconds and closing it back.

Confused I still went close to him. But this wise he did open his eyes.

I saw them grow, grow in size and shape along with his lips quivering as if he tasted the sourest substance ever existed.