Chapter 81

Elzina

Wiggling my toes under the furry comforter I reach for the remote, the air conditioner was breathing out wind from Antarctica and I clearly lacked at realizing it earlier of how solidly freezing the hotel room was digressing into.

It was dark, it was night, it was cold as grave.

Collecting in a mountain of fully blanket I basically bury myself under it.

In few seconds it began to suffocate me as gasping I sat up. The duvet lazily slides down my form pooling by my lap.

"It's been a week and yet you can't sleep the memory off" growling in darkness I look at my side, then the other side to relax the strained muscles of my neck. The tingles from the mess that I call my hair sways along with me nosily.

"You can do this" with squinted eyes trained upon the sliver of moon light that had escaped from the curtain clad windows of the luxury resort, the best in Brooklyn I contemplated the lunacy I was up to.

"Nope" sighing I decided against it as I fall back, the cushion embracing my landing with a soundful puff. This bed was so big and comfy that it felt almost like swimming in a freshly foamed shaving cream.

And the thought of it reminded me the fragrance of Alex's minty after shave. No, I hadn't been curious enough to sneakily go through his toiletries. When he uses something on him, even the aspect of it makes itself felt.

What am I thinking?

With sudden blink of widened eyes I groan.

It's all his fault. I wasn't supposed to feel so many things at such a young age. It was all too beautiful for me to stay sane.

And to think that my fiancé was probably asleep as a knocked down bull next room was so envious.

To save you the pain of reading above statement twice, I may consider giving you an insight at what went through and what the hell is actually going on.

And what went over went he asked me to marry him.

Marry.

Him.

"Marry me"

Those were the words.

Apt words from his mouth. Confident and perfectly uttered. In his voice.

It did the phenomenal job of heating my cheeks, even the microwave radiation would be ashamed of itself in front of the power those two terms held.

"Say something" he whispers the tagline our relationship always came with. Make each other freaking speechless, hurl their consciousness, and expect them to speak up as we try to crawl out from a tornado of whatever on the earth that was going on.

"I-" airily I stumble the elegantly crafted alphabet "you- i?"

His face barely moves, the eyes glued as his brows, a pinch crease as if it'll help him hear my heart out.

He was impatient.

And I was- what was i?

"Elzina?" he frowns as I blink, the name from his lips sends a shiver of ecstasy. I can't even fathom the way I had felt when he called me by my name initially. Nothing could describe it, and trying wouldn't even justify it.

To see him see me the way I am, who I am. It gave me a new life.

And to witness the purity of commitment he wants from me, overwhelmed I open my mouth to answer.