Chapter 47

Elaine

"We won" Clarissa fist pumped the air as soon as we walked out of the auditorium, nodding I couldn't help the yawn that brewed over my lips.

But stopped on my tracks once I realised that she was looking at me with a hint of puzzlement and gracefulness, a small smile quirks at the corner.

"You look tired" she states as I agree with her with a shake of my head. I didn't took the pills yesterday, infact I disposed them into the toilet and flushed them farewell.

The decision was made within a spur of seconds, I won't let my pessimistic past self win over the better me. But it came with consequences as I barely blinked a sleep last night.

When I woke up to Clarrisa's call, who had been waiting for me to join in for the first phase of the official championship, I jumped from my bed realising that I was dead late.

Shuffling over my now only pair of uniform I ran through the corridor with my tie in a hand while other pulled over the blazer.

That reminds me to tie up my shoe lace so I crouched down. While fiddling the laces, I felt her gaze upon my head. When I looked up narrowing my eyes due the harsh sun rays from the large windows behind her,  she simply smiled.

And I suddenly had the Urge to track this day down in my life's history, one whole week with her and this was the  foremost bubbling emotion from her side diverted at me.

"What?" I ask when I was done, getting up I straitened the cuffes of my sleeve.

"I can't believe you barged inside the audi screaming I'm here simultaneously as you worked on your tie" blushing I sheepishly smiled at her, cringing a little at the memory when the principle, who was one among the meager amount of audience occasionally gave me disapproving stares.

That and also the way Clarissa appeared similar as to a dangerously ticking pressure cooker which would have no doubt exploded if I had stood her up.

"About that, I am really sorry. I kind of overslept" she rolled her eyes with the wave of her hand. But smirked when I yawned again.

"You were great out there" at her compliment even I can't deny the fact that we both make a great team. Not to brag but the way we demolished the buzzer alarm before rest of the students even surveyed the questions, it was like we were on fire.

"Thanks. But you were as much amazing"

"Congratulations ladies, though it wasn't a bit surprising. And that was one dramatic entry" Clarissa grumbled a thanks as I awkwardly smiled at Edmund who walked out of the entranceway as the events of the day prior flooded in seamlessly.

He was among one of the few attendees, probably because he was a president.

Behind him Mike came out muttering something about stupid lightening facilities not proving adaptable for his camera lenses. It was the first time I saw him fumbling and working with one. And by the looks of it, he had a high efficiency and dedication to this field.

When he was done mending the focus he looks up at me.

"What are you guys. Encyclopedias?" All three of us frown at him. Wasn't he suppose to wish us?

"Someone's really cranky" I cough as he rolls his eyes.

"Says the girl who looks like she's about to faint every single day." He retorts.

Edmund took a step towards him, probably in an attempt to intimidate him, taking him as some sort of bully. I stop him by placing my hands on his arms as i snort at Mike.