Sleepless Night (Fluff)

You had insomnia, so falling asleep was pretty much impossible. It was horrible, as a teenager you had slept most of the time. Sleeping was your favourite thing and then suddenly, it became harder to fall asleep. You did everything you were told, not being on your phone, leaving your window open. You'd tried medication but it made you too sleepy the next day, so you soon stopped that. You were running out of options but more importantly, you were running out of patience.

It wasn't so bad when Brendon was home from tour, as just laying next to him helped to soothe your anxiety. But, when he was on tour and you couldn't sleep, you were a bundle of nerves. It was in those times that you could hear every single creak and groan from within the house.

Tonight, Brendon was home but you didn't feel calm. You'd barely slept the night before, when you had finally managed to get to sleep, you kept waking up. You tossed and turned in bed, willing yourself to sleep. You tried doing some breathing exercises and did some counting in your head, anything to try and relax your mind. But, nothing was working and you were growing impatient.

Reluctantly, you picked up your phone and placed your headphones in. You knew that being on your phone was bad, but music is so calming and it was your last resort. You put on the softest music you had, placed your head on the pillow and kept your eyes closed. You tried to place all your focus on being relaxed and trying to sleep, but after 45 minutes, you still weren't sleep. You ripped the headphones out of your ears and put your phone back down on the bedside table. 

You decided there was no point staying in bed, as you feared you would wake up Brendon with your tossing and turning. You got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. Staring at yourself in the mirror, you noticed the dark circles under your eyes and how pale your skin was. You looked very unwell and you realised just how much of a toll the lack of sleep was taking on your body. Unable to stand it anymore, you sank to the floor and began to cry. What started off with very quiet sobbing turned into loud sobs, as you lost control of yourself.

Brendon, who had been sleeping soundly, but not that deep woke up to the sound of you crying. He sat up with a start, turned on the light. He panicked when he realised you weren't in the bed next to him.

'Babe?' He called out, starting to get worried. He noticed the light in the bathroom was on, so he gently opened the door to see you sat on the floor, crying.

'What's wrong?' He asked, sitting down next to you and gathering you up in his arms. 

'I can't sleep. I'm sick of it Brendon, I'm so sick of it. I don't even know why I can't sleep. Look at me, I don't even look myself. I look sick and exhausted' You sob, crying into his chest and he holds you tighter.

'We'll go back the Doctors and see what they suggest. I'm not taking no for an answer, there must be better tablets they can give you. We'll sort this baby, I promise. Now, come and get back into bed and I won't sleep till you are, okay?' He says, stroking your hair before helping you up.

When you get back into bed, you snuggle up to him and he holds you protectively.

'Brendon, can you sing for me?' You ask.

'Sure, what song do you want me to sing?'

'Impossible Year' You request. He begins singing and you close your eyes at the sound of his smooth voice. What did you do to deserve him?

Before long, you can feel yourself growing sleepy. Maybe it helped him holding you and serenading you. Eventually, you drift off to sleep, still wrapped up in arms.