Break Up (Imagine)

A/N: I had to do something sad. I'm in a crappy mood so made sense to write something that fit my mood.

Y/N POV:

Brendon and I have been together for 4 years and at first, it was the best thing that had ever happened to me. He was the best partner anyone could ask for, so caring and supportive of anything. He made sure that he took me on a date at least twice a month, even when he was busy writing and recording new music. We were best friends and we genuinely believed we were soul mates too.

However, that's all different now. It's not been like that for a couple of months now and it's the most heartbreaking thing. Nowadays, we barely talk to each other, it's like we're two strangers living in the same house. It's got to the point where we don't even sleep in the same bed anymore. Brendon deliberately stays up late in the studio, so he can use it as an excuse for sleeping in the Guest room. But, I know that it's because he just can't bare to be with me anymore. 

It's gone beyond the point of trying to make it work, as any spark we once had has completely gone. I still care for him deeply but it's not the same anymore. I'm only torturing myself by staying with him, as part of me still has hope. But, deep down I know the best thing to do is to leave him and move back home, to continue with my life. It's not fair on either of us to keep something going if it's obviously not working.

Brendon's been in the studio all day and as it's only 4pm, I know that he's nowhere near leaving so I decide to head in there myself to talk to him. I enter the code for the main door and then knock lightly on the door and wait for a response.

"Yeah?" Brendon calls out.

"Hey, um, I need to talk to you and it can't really wait" I say, nervously fiddling with my hands. Even though I know this is the right thing to do, it doesn't make it any easier. 

He opens the door and gestures for me to sit in the chair next to him. But, he doesn't even bother to look at me, he goes back to staring intently at his computer screen. 

"Brendon, could you try to look at me please?" I say gently, scared that he'll lash out at me. But surprisingly, he does as I say. For a moment, there's a glint in his eye that reminds me of the way he used to look at me 4 years ago.

"What's up? Are you pregnant?" He says and I burst out laughing. It isn't until I look at his face that I realise he isn't joking.

"God no! Um, Brendon this isn't easy for me to say so please just try to hear me out. I think you'll agree that things haven't been the same as they used to be. We seem very distant and honestly, it's like we're not even a couple anymore. I don't know what happened but there just doesn't seem to be a spark there anymore. Normally, I would try to make things work but I don't want to start fighting a losing battle. So, I'm going to pack up my things and move back home. It's easier for both of us to make this quick, so we can both carry on with our lives. I still care for you very much and if you ever need anything, you can always let me know. But, I think this relationship is over"  I explain, as silent tears begin rolling down my face. I keep my head down, not daring to look at his reaction.

There's an awkward pause in which I can hear him taking deep breaths. 

"You're right, I don't think there's a spark anymore and there hasn't been for quite some time. I haven't had the heart to tell you that, so you've saved me going through that" He says before carrying on working.

I sit there in a state of shock. He'd been wanting to end it for awhile? Tears begin to stream down my face, so I get up to leave and rush back into the house to pack a suitcase. I throw my clothes in as fast as I can, not really paying much attention to what I'm actually packing. I scribble a quick note to him, informing him that I'll be back sometime within the next week to collect the rest of my things. Not that he'd notice anyway, he'd be too busy tucked away in his studio to pay any attention.

I say goodbye to the Dogs, who jump around me excitedly. I choke back more tears, hardly believing that I'm not going to see them again. Then, I take one last look round the house before getting in my car and driving away, not daring to look back. It's over, completely over.