Why Do You Do This? (Fluff)

Y/N POV:

"I don't know what time I'll be back, it shouldn't be too late. But, don't wait up for me, okay? Love you" I say to Brendon, kissing him quickly before checking the contents of my bag.

"You know I'll stay awake" He smirks, returning his gaze back to his game.

I'm only waiting for a few minutes outside for my uber and then it's only a short drive to the bar where I'm meeting my friends. It's been a while since I last met up with them, because I've been travelling with Panic! on their European tour, so there's a lot to catch up on. Unfortunately, this group of friends is a lot more outgoing than I am and they nearly always end up going out clubbing and getting completely wasted. But, I've made a pact with myself to stick to three drinks maximum, I got wasted the past few times we met and it never ended well.

Any awkwardness I'd been anticipating simply melted away as we all embraced before heading into the bar. One of my friends, Laura, gets in the first round and I can't help but notice that the others are slightly tipsy already.

"Have you already had a drink?" I ask them, a feeling of dread settling in my stomach. Something tells me that this isn't going to be a "quiet few with the girls". But, I remind myself of the pact and will myself to remain strong.

"We did a few shots while we waited for the uber" They laugh, their cheeks visibly flushed from the alcohol. Laura arrives with our drinks and I take a big sip of mine, feeling the warmth of alcohol rush through me like a wave.

We all talk about the past few months of our lives, while we each take it in turns to buy a round of drinks. At one point, I disappear to the toilet to top up my makeup and when I come back, I can't help but think that my drink tastes A LOT stronger than it did before I left. I've gone way beyond the two drinks I promised myself, but the alcohol has made me feel way more relaxed so I don't even care.

"We should check out that new club, it's supposed to be amazing" Another friend, Kate, suggests. We all nod in agreement and finish our drinks as quick as we can. Admittedly, I stagger out of the bar, the alcohol hitting me like a truck all of a sudden.

As we get to the club, a bunch of guys wolf whistle at us, before buying us all two shots each. I try to refuse, thanking them precisely but they gather round me, clapping at me in encouragement. Just to placate them, I down the shots and wince as the alcohol burns the back of my throat. Then, Laura grabs me by the hand and pulls me onto the dance floor.

The next few hours pass by in a blur and when I come round fully, I find myself just outside of the club, with my friends nowhere to be seen. I open my bag and pull out my phone.

5am.

What. The. Hell, Happened.

15 missed calls, most of them from Brendon. He's also texted me countless times. I ring him back, my heart pounding as the phone rings.

"Y/N where the fuck are you? I've been going crazy here, where are you? Are you okay?" He asks frantically and I'm overwhelmed with guilt.

"I must have blacked out, they kept adding vodka to my drinks. I'm outside the bar and I'm okay" I answer all his questions, noticing I'm slurring my words slightly

"Stay there, I'm coming to get you" He says and the call ends abruptly.

I stagger over to the nearest wall and lower myself to the ground. My feet are throbbing from wearing those ridiculous heels all night. I feel a wave of relief as the weight is taken off them.
As I lean against the wall, I must fall asleep because I'm woken by someone trying to pick me up.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME" I scream.

"Y/N it's me, Brendon. I'm going to get you in the car, okay?" He says, his voice soothing. He walks over to the car park and lowers me into the car, placing a hand on my head so that I don't hit in on the car door.

I fall asleep on the way home and am only woken by Brendon shaking me gently.

"Let's get you to bed" He says, helping me out of the car. I'm in a daze by this point, past the point of tiredness. Anyone walking past must think I'm something out of The Walking Dead.

Once inside, I make my way upstairs and Brendon helps me out of my going out clothes and into something more comfortable.

"I'm going to get you some water and some aspirin, you'll need it later. I've put a bucket by the side of you aswell, okay? Why do you always do this Y/N? It worries me sick when you get in this state" He asks, I mutter something incoherently as he strokes my head until I fall asleep.

That was shit but needed to get something up😂