Biggest Dream Part 1 (Imagine)

*REQUESTED*

There's going to be a few time jumps, otherwise this story will be thousands of words long.

Y/N POV:

Staring out the window, I watch as the city rolls past as the train speeds it's way through. There's something so comforting about watching the world whizz past, I find that it gives me a lot of inspiration to write. Today, I have nowhere in particular to be, I just hopped on a train in the hope that I'd be able to start writing a song. Everything is counting on me being able to write something, I've sacrificed so much for this. Moving out of Oregon and heading to Los Angeles was both the scariest and most exciting thing I've ever done. My whole family think I'm crazy, but I'm determined to prove them wrong. I will make it in the music industry, I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

*A Few Weeks Later*

"So, what do you think?" I ask my friend, as I finish playing her the demo for my new song. She sits back for a moment before a beaming smile spreads across her face.

"Honestly? I love it, I think it might just be the best song you've ever written Y/N" She exclaims and I feel myself blush. She is always the first person I play my songs to, as I know she'll be 100% honest with me, even if it might hurt me.

"I think I'm going to upload it to Youtube, I really need to start getting myself out there. I have a few more songs that are nearly finished, then I can try and get a few gigs at bars and places like that" I say and she nods in agreement. At the moment, I don't have much of a presence on social media but that needs to change, or I'm never going to catch my break.

I set up a Youtube channel ages ago but so far, it's only got a few covers on there but they never received many views. I've already recorded a video of me playing the song, so I download it onto my computer and start the process of uploading it onto Youtube. I title the song "Changes" and post the link on my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Being the beg that I am, I ask all my friends to retweet/repost the link, in the hope that it'll gain more exposure. 

*A Month Later*

I'VE DONE IT, I HAVE MY FIRST GIG!! So, my video may not have gone viral, but it gained a lot of views within the first few days. The owner of a local bar got in touch and offered me a half hour slot on a Saturday night. The bar is very popular and so many artists have had their first gigs there and then gone on to be more successful. 

At the moment, I only have 4 songs that I've uploaded but I have a couple of covers that will pad out my set a bit. I've been rehearsing like mad, this could be the break that I've been waiting for, so I'm determined not to screw it up. 

My friend came round to help me load my stuff into the car and set it up at the bar. The owner was so lovely, offering me free drinks (which I declined, I'm no freeloader) and kept giving me words of encouragement. As the evening went on, the bar started to fill up with more people and I could feel my nerves growing. 

Just before 10pm, the owner came over to me to let me know that my set was due to start. Taking a deep breath, I armed myself with my guitar and headed up onto the tiny stage. To my surprise, I was greeted with a round of applause and a lot of cheering. I flashed them a quick smile before composing myself, as I played the opening chords to 'Changes'. I got completely lost in the song, thinking back to that day on the train when I wrote it. As soon as the song finished, I received a standing ovation and I had to fight back tears, overwhelmed with the reaction. 

After my set, I ran over to my friend who gave me the biggest hug ever. 

"You were incredible, they all loved you!" She squealed, pulling me in for yet another hug. A few people that had been in the bar came over, passing over their compliments which meant the world to me. 

When I got home, I was way too buzzed to sleep, adrenaline still pumping round my body. Tonight really could not have gone any better. Putting my headphones in, I listened to my "Calm" playlist before finally drifting off to sleep. 

The next morning, I checked my phone and was surprised at how many notifications I had. It seemed that a lot of people had checked out my songs following my set and it was working up a storm. My twitter mentions were going crazy and my instagram follower count had increased dramatically. I tried my best to reply to everyone, but my thumbs were aching half way through. 

My phone rang as I was eating my breakfast, I was about to ignore it, already exhausted from too much social interaction but I decided to pick it up.

"Hey there, is that Y/N? My name is Rachel, I'm a talent scout and I was at your gig at the bar yesterday. Firstly, I would just like to say that I think you have an incredible voice and you're obviously extremely gifted at songwriting. I've been showing your videos to my team and they agree with me. We've been looking for an up and coming artist to open up for our biggest client on their Summer tour, we were wondering if you would like to be that artist?" She asks and I nearly drop the phone in shock.

"W...Who's the client?" I stutter, in a state of disbelief.

"The client is Panic! At The Disco" She says and it's then that I know, my life is about to completely change.