Just Let Me In (Fluff)

Okay, gonna see how well this chapter goes down. Today (November 3rd) is my birthdayyyy. Can anyone guess how old I'm gonna be? Missed you all.

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Y/N POV:

The bell rings, signalling the end of class. I hurry to put my books away, so I can make a speedy exit. Truth is, I didn't pay any attention in that class, I was just wishing for the time to whizz by. I don't care about school anymore, I don't really care about anything. 

As I leave the classroom, I put my headphones in and turn my music up as loud as I can stand. I keep my head down as I leave the school, really not wanting anyone to call me any names. Not today. I really can't take it today. 

Usually, I get the bus but today I decide to walk home, knowing full well that I would be made fun of for the whole ride home. Honestly, people obviously have nothing better to do than to take the piss out of me. At first, I was able to shrug it off but it's got way too personal and it's kind of too much to handle. One of my so-called 'friends' let it out that I'm in foster care, which fuelled the bullies ammunition.

As soon as I get inside the house, I throw my bag down and storm straight upstairs, slamming my bedroom door behind me. I survived another day, just. Flopping down on my bed, I immediately burst into tears, trying to muffle the sound with my pillow. Why have things got this bad? I used to be happy. I used to love school and I used to have so many friends. But now, I just feel like shit all the time and just getting out of bed in the morning is too much effort. 

I used to be able to cope with all these horrible feelings. I would write everything down or try writing poems, as a way of getting all my feelings out. But then, that wasn't working anymore. I still felt so overwhelmingly shit, no matter how much I wrote. Things began to spiral, my moods would change so quickly and that's when my friends started to leave me, unable to deal with me anymore. That gave me more of a reason not to leave the house much and that's when I began self harming, just trying to find a way to release all my feelings.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Brendon, my foster Dad, asks, knocking on my door lightly. I quickly sit up and wipe the tears that are still rolling down my cheeks.

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired" I reply, realising that I don't sound convincing at all. 

"Can I come in?" He asks, his voice laced with concern.

"I guess" I say quietly. He twists the door knob and as soon as he sees my tear stained face, his face drops. He walks over to me and sits next to me, wrapping his arm around me. Just that simple gesture alone makes me burst into tears all over again.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" He asks, stroking my hair slightly.

"I can't take this anymore Brendon, I really can't" I sob.

"I knew something was up, you've become so distant and withdrawn. You know you can talk to me, all I want to do is help you. I care about you so much, Y/N. I know I'm not your biological Dad, but I still care about you. Let me in, tell me what's going on" He looks so sad and genuinely concerned that I instantly feel like I can trust him. I can't keep this to myself anymore, it's overwhelming me. 

"I've been bullied. It was harmless at first, just stuff about me always wearing black, nothing I couldn't deal with. Then they found out about me being fostered and they started being so cruel. I was too scared to say anything, in case they found out I'd told them" I explain and I watch him clench his jaw.

"How long has it been going on Y/N?" He asks, his voice more stern.

"A couple of months, but it's okay. I just put my headphones in and I walk home now" I say, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. But, before I've properly realised, my sleeve has slid down my arm and Brendon is staring at my arm, tears filling his eyes.

"Is that because of the bullying?"

"Partly, I've just been feeling so shit and nothing I tried made me feel any better. I'm just so sick of it" I start crying again and Brendon gathers me up in his arms.

"Tomorrow morning, I am going into school and will refuse to leave until I've spoken to the principal and am satisfied that he's taking it seriously. No kid should ever feel like they have to resort to that, especially not under my watch. I never want you to feel like you have to hide stuff like that from me again, okay? I will always be on your side. Now, please never do this again. Talk to me, punch a pillow, do anything but that. I love you, Y/N" He says, cupping my face with his hands.

"Thankyou so much, I promise I'll try" I reply.

"I know that won't magically solve things and you won't suddenly be happy. But hopefully, you won't feel so alone and we'll do whatever it takes to make you feel less shit, okay? Now come on, let's go and watch a film, no arguments" He pulls me up off of the bed and we head downstairs.

Aghhh I'm trying to get back into the habit of writing. This chapter wasn't the best, but at least it's an update.