Pregnant Part 2 (Fluff)

Okay so a lot of people seemed to like the original Pregnant one and a couple of people asked for a second part, so here we are!

Y/N POV:

I can't believe how quickly these 9 months have gone! It seemed like only yesterday that we were staring at the lines on the pregnancy test, in a state of shock and excitement. It hasn't been an easy pregnancy, especially the first trimester. It's been hard adjusting to the changes my body has gone through, i've wanted to hide away. But the one thing that's got me through it is Brendon. He has been an absolute Godsend, despite his hectic struggle. He has gone out at 5am when I've been craving food that we don't have in the house. He's dealt with my mood swings and stayed up with me, as I cry over the most trivial of things.

We never used to want a baby but now I can't believe that was ever my mindset. It seems right to be having this baby and I can't wait until he or she is finally born, I'm more than ready to give birth now (if not a little scared).

"Okay, so I'll be at the studio until around 4. I won't have my phone on me, but I'll give it to Zack. Call me if anything happens, even if it's a little twinge of pain, okay?" Brendon says, slipping his wallet into his pocket as he prepares to leave for the studio.

Now that I'm approaching my due date, he's getting even more anxious. Scared that if he pops out, even just for groceries, the baby will suddenly arrive and he'll miss the whole thing.

"I promise, I'm not doing it alone anyway. But yes, I'll call. Now go make music!!" I say, heaving my heavily pregnant self off of the sofa to give him a gentle push out of the door.

"I love you" He says, turning round to kiss me on the lips.

"I love you too, now go! I have cartoons to watch" I laugh, waiting in the doorway until his car has completely left the doorway.

I fix myself up a snack before sitting back down on the sofa, ready to binge watch cartoons.

After the 5th episode of Rick and Morty, I decide I should probably remove myself from the sofa before I make a permanent dent in it. When I finally manage to get up I stand still for a minute, hand on my belly. I feel a slight twinge of pain but figure it's from standing up too quickly, so I ignore it, not wanting to call Brendon for something so insignifcant.

I head upstairs to the bathroom and turn the shower on. As I step into the shower I get another twinge of pain across my stomach, this time it's a bit stronger than the other one. I quickly step back out and check my phone, it's been about 5 minutes since the last pain. I feel my heart rate begin to increase, am I going into labour??

Deciding to carry on with the shower, I do everything at ten times my normal speed. Just as I'm washing off my shower gel, I feel a gush of water. Then it dawns on me, my waters have broken and this baby isn't going to wait much longer. Quickly but carefully, I jump out of the shower and call Brendon.

"Hey Y/N, it's Zack. Everything okay?" He asks, his voice calm.

"My waters have broken" I say, the panic obvious in my voice.

"Oh God okay, I'll tell Brendon and we'll come straight over. Give us 10 minutes" He says, the calm tone of his voice disappearing. I end the call and scramble to put my clothes on. Then, I head downstairs, stopping every few seconds because of the pain. I sit myself on the sofa and try to recall all the breathing exercises they taught us in the classes we went to.

After about ten minutes, Brendon comes storming through the door and rushes to my side.

"I've already told the maternity unit, they said to come straight in. Luckily it's only a 5 minute drive. It's gonna be okay, I'm here now" He says, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. He helps me off of the sofa and into the car.

He sits with me in the back seat, one arm around me for the whole journey. He breathes deeply and signals for me to copy him, as I grip his hand and squeeze it each time I experience a wave of pain.

*An Hour Later*
"I can see the head, keep going Y/N sweetheart, you're doing so well" The midwife says. Tears stream down my face, due to the pain and all the effort im putting in.
Brendon has been by my side the whole time and I'm pretty sure I've cut off the circulation to his hand from how tight I've been squeezing it.

I push hard one last time and Brendon lets out a cheer. I close my eyes due to exhaustion and that's when I hear it, the baby crying. Our baby crying. Immediately, I burst into tears of joy as the midwife cleans the baby off and places it in my arms.

"Congratulations! You have a baby girl!!" She exclaims and then Brendon begins to cry too. We both stare at her, both wondering how we managed to create something so perfect.

"She's beautiful Y/N" Brendon says, his voice soft, as he wipes a tear from off his cheek.

I snuggle her close to me, listening to her tiny baby snuffles. Then, I pass her over to Brendon and without meaning to, I fall asleep out of sheer exhaustion.

*A Few Hours Later*

I flutter my eyes open and blink a few times, as I adjust to the light. In the far corner of the room, Brendon is sat cradling her.

"You are the luckiest baby, you wanna know why? Because you have the most amazing Mommy and your Dad is pretty cool too. We love you so much" He whispers to her and I almost start cryin again. After a few minutes, he realises I'm awake and brings her over to me and places her in my arms.

"What are we going to name her B?" I ask, staring down at her perfect little face.

"I think Y/B/N is perfect" He says, not taking her eyes off her. I consider it for a minute.

"Yeah, I think she's definitely a Y/B/N. Welcome to the world little one" I whisper, putting my finger under hers, as she tries to grip onto it.

"I can already tell I'm going to love being a Dad" Brendon says, a beaming smile on his face.

"You won't be saying that as you change your first diaper" I laugh.

I'm going to do a Part 3 soon!!