Stop That (Fluff)

*POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING: BULLYING*

Y/N POV:

I hate high school. I don't mean in the cliche teenage way. I mean I genuinely hate High School. Ever since I moved from Montana, it's been absolute hell. I suppose I had this vision that everybody would be interested in the new girl and would want to be my friend and get to know me. But, the complete opposite happened. From the very first day, they've made it clear that I'm not welcome and that nobody is interest in being my friend.

Class is absolute hell, the other students have made it their mission to torment me and I have no idea why. I've barely spoken to any of them and those who I have, it was just to ask where a classroom was. In class, they'll throw bits of paper at me when the teacher isn't looking or whisper to each other, insulting me but loud enough so I can hear. Most of the time, I sit in class with tears in my eyes, praying that the lesson will hurry up so I can cry in the solitude of the toilets.

"Hey Ugly" Said Sophia, probably the bitchiest girl in the school. From my very first day, she's had it out for me and hasn't even tried to hide the fact that she hates me. I begin to walk away, not wanting to give her the reaction that she obviously so desperately wants. But, she doesn't give up that easily.

"Hey, I'm talking to you" She shouts, shoving me, sending me flying to the floor. A sharp pain flies through my knee as I hit the ground and tears flood to my eyes. I desperately blink, trying not to let them spill. Then, I scramble up and out of the doors, as everyone in the corridor laughs hysterically. 

*Home*

"Hey sweetie, how was school today?" Mom asks, stirring a big pot of Mac N Cheese. I mumble incoherently, my knee still sore from my fall earlier. 

"I asked you a question" Mom says, a sterner tone to her voice this time.

"You know what? It was crap, it's always been crap and always will be. Everyone hates me, I have no friends and even class is no safe haven, they torment me there too. I got shoved over today and do you know who helped me up? Nobody, they all laughed as I ran out of the school. So I'd say school wasn't the best today Mom, but thanks for asking" I shout, hobbling out of the room and up to my bedroom. I flop on my bed and don't even try to stop the tears from falling. 

"Honey, open the door please" Mom instructs, but I ignore her. Eventually I cry myself to sleep.

*The Next Day*

I reluctantly leave for school, preparing myself for yet another day of torment and bullying. As I walk through the gates, the Principal corners me and asks me to follow him to his office. Immediately, my brain tries to come up with different explanations as my heart beats really fast in my chest.

"Now, Ms Y/L/N. I've had a phone call with your Mother and she's concerned about you, as am I. She's told me some very alarming things and I can assure you that they are being dealt with. This school doesn't tolerate behaviour like that and I can only apologise profusely for what you've had to put up with. Your Mom also mentioned that you've been unable to make any friends since you arrived at our school. So, I've spoken to another student and they're willing to take you under their wing" He explains and all I can do is just nod. I'm partly angry that Mom went behind my back to speak to the principal but I'm more shocked that somebody's actually willing to be my friend.

A boy walks in, one I've never seen before. He takes the seat next to me and flashes a quick smile, I can tell that he feels slightly awkward.

"Hi, I'm Brendon" He says shyly, not making eye contact with me. I introduce myself and compliment his Blink-182 t-shirt, which brings him out of his shell a bit. He turns to face me and makes direct eye contact as he thanks me.

"Brendon is in the school band and I know that you play instruments too, Y/N, so I thought Brendon would be a good pick. Anyway, I've already made you late. Good luck you two and if you have any further problems, come straight to me" The Principal says, showing us out of his office.

"I'll see you at break?" Brendon says and I nod, hurrying off to my first class. The usual bullies are more subdued today and don't even bother to look at me as I walk in the room, which is absolute bliss. For the first time since I arrived, I manage to make it through a class without having something thrown at me. 

At break, I meet Brendon by my locker and as I predicted, the calm period wasn't meant to last.

"Aww have you finally made a friend?" Sophia says, laughing with her little girl gang. I carry on taking the books out my locker, trying to ignore her. She comes closer, so that I can feel her breath on the back of my neck.

"I said, have you finally made a friend?" She says through gritted teeth, kicking me on the shin, making me double over in pain. I let out a wince and bend down to give my shin a rub, where there is now an angry red mark.

"Why did you do that?" Brendon asks, which sends Sophia and her crew into hysterics.

"It speaks" She announces, making more people gather round.

"Yes, I can speak and I asked you a question. Why did you do that?" He says again, squaring up to her. She looks shocked that he talked back to her.

"Because I can, why not?" Sophia replies, smirking. I can see Brendon breathing deeper, getting more and more worked up. I drag him away before he does something stupid. As I do, Sophia shoves me hard making me stagger slightly. Brendon turns round, going to shove her back, but I grab his rucksack and pull him back.

"She's not worth it" I whisper, linking arms with him.

"She can't just do that, what have you ever done to her?" He asks and my heart melts, nobody has ever cared like he does and he barely knows me.

"I think just my existence makes her do that" I laugh, but inside I feel like crying.

"Not anymore, I'm not afraid of her and she's lucky I didn't kick her back" Brendon says and that's when I realise that Brendon is going to become my very best friend.