Don't You Dare Say That (Fluff)

*Requested*

*POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING*

I am not saying that a particular size is 'bad' or 'ugly', I wanted to do one more where the reader felt that way. I am not body shaming at all. 

Y/N POV:

"You ready to leave yet?" Brendon calls up to me. I'm currently stood surrounded by my whole wardrobe, which is now scattered all over my room. I've been struggling to find something to wear, as nothing looks right and it all feels weird on me. I settle for an oversized jumper, knowing I'll regret it because the sun is already blaring through my window and it's only 10am. 

"Just coming" I reply, making my way downstairs. Brendon grabs his car keys and I follow him out to the car. Today, he's recording a new music video and because I've never watched one being made, he's invited me along. He's already given me the spiel that there'll be actresses and whatever he does with them, it means nothing and it's solely for the purpose of the music video. I mean, does he think I'd get that jealous? Okay, maybe I would be that jealous.

As soon as we get to the set, Brendon is ushered off to the hair and makeup department and I'm just stood there, looking lost. Zack eventually finds me and takes me over to a seat right by the main camera.

"You okay here while I go and check on Brendon?" Zack asks and I nod in reply, whipping out my phone. I begin scrolling through Instagram and start to question when I started following all these models, they're all over my feed. All of them are dressed in bikinis, laying on beaches in exotic locations, all looking gorgeous. I pull my jumper away from me, so it looks even more baggy and I squirm in my seat, feeling even more self conscious. I start looking at all the workers on the set, most of them female. They all look so glamorous and make their headsets look sexy somehow. I feel so out of place and wish the ground would just swallow me up.

Eventually, the filming begins and the first scene is just shots of Brendon singing on his own. I can't help but smile at how happy and content he looks, he definitely was born to do this. Between shots he keeps glancing at me, checking that I'm okay and each time, I flash him a reassuring smile. But, that smile soon fades when they bring out the actresses. 

Brendon has to act all loved up with one of them and she is so gorgeous, they even look like a proper couple. I know it's all pretend but I can't help but think that they just look made for each other, more so than me and him. 

After a few more takes, it becomes too much and I excuse myself and walk outside. It's not even the fact that he has to act that way with her, it's the fact that she is exactly his type and she looks so stunning. I'm just an average Size 14, not exactly ready to walk down the Victoria's Secret runway. 

As I get outside, I lean back against the wall. I close my eyes and feel the heat of the sun on my face. I try to take deep breaths and get myself back into a good headspace, I'm sick of thinking myself into bad moods.

"Y/N? Y/N what's wrong?" Brendon says, standing next to me, placing a hand gently on my arm. I take another deep breath before turning to face him.

"It's so stupid, but I'm okay now, shall we go back in?" I suggest and his face drops into a frown.

"If it's how you feel, then it's not stupid. Tell me, please" His eyes plead with me.

"The reason I took so long to get ready this morning because none of my clothes felt right, that's why I settled for this old thing. Then getting here, I just felt so out of place, especially when I saw that actress. I'm not jealous of how you had to act with her, it was just you looked like a proper couple. She's exactly your type, Brendon, she's gorgeous. I'm just chubby and gross" I explain, bursting into tears after I finish.

"Don't you dare say that, you hear me? You are not chubby or gross and who cares if she's gorgeous or 'my type'? I don't want her, I want you. I love you, Y/N. I'm not that shallow to care about body types. You make me happy and all I want is for you to be happy too. Please never say that again, you're beautiful and even if you lined up all the women in that room, I would still choose you" He says, cupping my face in his hands. He wipes a few tears with his thumbs and then pulls me in for a hug.

"I love you so much Brendon. But, you'd better get back in there or they're not gonna love you" I laugh and he kisses me before taking my hand and we head back into the building.

That was complete and utter shit and so rushed. I'm really bad at ones like these