Day 1: This Isn't Half Bad (Fluff)

Idea: Brendon and Y/N are enemies and are chosen to plan a Christmas Party together (pretending they work in an office together).

Y/N POV:

"Are you absolutely sure that there is nobody else who can do it?" I plead with my boss, who is sat opposite me, a smirk settling on her face. 

"I'm sure. Katie is away on maternity leave and as you're filling her position until she's back, the responsibility is yours, along with Brendon" She explains and I don't even try to hide my disgust. Brendon Urie, my sworn enemy, is the biggest kiss-ass and I cannot stand being in the same room as him, let alone planning a staff party with him. 

"If I end up killing him, don't say I didn't warn you." I say, realising that there's no point arguing with her, as she's already made up her mind. I curse the day I ever decided to take up Katie's position. 

As I leave the office, I spot Brendon on the other side of the office and I purposefully walk in the other direction, but to no avail.

"Y/N! Y/N wait up" He calls and I stop dead, taking a deep breath. I turn round, flashing him the biggest fake smile I can muster.

"Brendon! So, I see we're this years party planners, how exciting!" I say, with absolutely no trace of excitement in my voice whatsoever.

"I've already made a list of ideas. I've spoken to that fancy hotel and they're letting us use their big hall. I've already booked a DJ and some caterers, we just need to plan the decorations really. Sorry, I get a bit carried away" He explains and I breathe a deep sigh of relief, less work for me I suppose. But it's typical of him, he'll do whatever to show off, desperate for a promotion.

"As long as it's not tacky, I'm not that bothered about decorations. We could make it look like some kind of ice kingdom, so lots of blue and white decorations?" I suggest, surprising myself. Brendon's face lights up, as if it's the best thing he's ever heard in his sad little life.

"Great idea! I'll do some research tonight, why don't you give me your number so I can send you photos and links?" He asks and I try not to show any sign of horror on my face. The last thing I want to do is give him my number but I can't think of a decent enough excuse on the spot, so I rattle off my number before saying my goodbyes. 

As soon as I reach the comfort of my own home, I pull out my laptop and start googling Christmas Party ideas. Normally I keep myself to myself during the holiday season, but after speaking to Brendon, I feel a sense of determination, but I will never tell him that, his ego is big enough already. 

*A Few Weeks Later*

"Is there anything we're missing?" Brendon says, putting down our coffees that he's just bought. We've met up on our day off, to go over last minute touches. I've really entered into the spirit of the whole thing, surprising everyone, including myself. Over the last few weeks, I've got to know Brendon a bit better and he's really not as bad as I thought. Sure, he can be quite annoying, but he's just really passionate about his job and I've a new found admiration for him. Not to mention he's actually quite cute. But, I soon shake myself out of that thought. I definitely CANNOT have a crush on someone at work, it never ends well.

"I honestly think we're pretty organised, I don't think we've missed anything. Everyone's replied to the invites, I don't think anyone is missing the party this year, which is a first" I say and can't help but smile as Brendon's face lights up. His eyes sparkle when he smiles, I've noticed. God help me, why am I noticing things like that?

*The Day of the Party*

"I'll be there in 20, just about to get in my car" I tell Brendon, walking out to the car, cursing my choice of dress. It's freezing outside but I don't want to bother with a coat, because I'll end up awkwardly carrying it around. Oh the things we do for fashion, huh? 

On my drive over to the hotel, I blast out Christmas songs, singing along at the top of my lungs. I realise I must look like a complete madwoman to other road users, but I don't care. I've fully embraced the holiday spirit this year and it's all thanks to Brendon. His energy and enthusiasm is infectious and I feel bad for ever judging him as harshly as I did. 

"You look... amazing" Brendon stutters as I walk into the hall, which has completely surpassed my expectations. It's the most magical ice kingdom I've ever seen, I can't help but feel smug.

"Thank you, you look rather dashing yourself" I reply, thanking God for the lights concealing the redness of my face. We take a walk round the room together, making sure that everything is as it should be. Brendon has to drag me away from the food table, it looks sensational and I just want to dig in straight away.

"People should be arriving any minute, I'll tell the DJ to start playing music" Brendon says, rushing off. I stand in the centre of the room, completely mesmerised. This has got to be the best staff Christmas party I've ever been to, if I do say so myself.

"I must say, I'm impressed" A voice says, shaking me out of my daydream. My boss is standing next to me, her face beaming.

"Thank you, but really it was all Brendon" I say, feel bad for taking credit.

"Don't be so modest, he's been giving me daily updates. Turns out you're not quite the Grinch I had you down for" She smiles, giving me a wink before chasing down a waiter carrying a tray of champagne.

A couple of hours later and the party is in full swing. Everyone is happily tucking into the food which is, as I thought, delicious. A brave few have taken to the dance floor, not even hesitating to embarrass themselves with their 'dancing' (if you can call it that).

"Hey you" Brendon says, handing me a glass of wine. I've had my fair share of wine this evening but I've booked myself into a room for the night, so how could I refuse?

"We did it, we actually did it" I said, glancing round the room, a warm feeling washing over me as I take in everyone's happy faces.

"Indeed we did, was it as bad as you thought?" Brendon asks, smirking. I obviously didn't do a good job at hiding my disgust at the start.

"Brendon, I owe you an apology. I was completely wrong about you and I was absolutely horrible. It's been great getting to know you the past few weeks, thank you for everything" I say, praying he doesn't think it's just the drink talking.

"Apology accepted, I've enjoyed the past few weeks too" He replies, wrapping an arm round me. Strangely, I don't flinch. It feels good, it feels right. 

"Mistletoe" Someone shouts, dangling a bunch of it over our heads. I lower my head, instantly feeling so awkward. I look up, praying they've gone away but they're still stood there, smirking at me.

Suddenly, Brendon's lips look quite enticing. I find myself leaning towards him, closing my eyes until I feel my lips on his. The person lets out a cheer, obviously expecting it to be a quick peck. But, the kiss just deepens. Brendon clasps my face in his hands.

"Okay you two, we get the point" Someone else says and I reluctantly pull away.

"We'll continue this later" Brendon winks, walking away, leaving me stood there in a daze.

This whole party thing didn't turn out half bad in the end.