Always There (Fluff)

I wanted to do an imagine where Y/N is not his love interest. This time, Y/N is Brendon's sister. I feel like he'd be a very protective Brother so I'm basing this imagine on that.

Y/N POV:

Whenever anything happens in life, Brendon is the first person I tell. Right from when I was old enough to talk, I've been close with Brendon. He's always been very protective of me, hunting down the bullies himself when I got teased at school. He would lend me his shoulder to cry on when things got too much. So, when he moved out of our family home in Vegas to start his musical career, it crushed me. Of course, I was happy for him. But, it was weird not being close to him and having to rely on phone calls and texts. 

Eventually, after school, I moved out too and headed for Los Angeles. I thought it would be the fresh start I'd always dreamed of and if it meant I was closer to Brendon, then it was even better. I moved to a house a few neighbourhoods away from Brendon, but we met up often and it was like no time had passed. We still shared everything and he still could tell how I was feeling, without me having to say anything. 

Now, Brendon is a married man and at first, I couldn't help feeling a little jealous. I love Sarah to pieces, but I felt pushed out, not being able to wrap my head around the fact that I wasn't his 'number one girl' anymore. My mindset has changed now, realising that there is room for more than one girl in his life. He still takes the time for me and I've grown to become really good friends with Sarah, I couldn't wish for anyone better for him.

Things have been slightly rough lately, my boyfriend and I split up. To top it all off, I lost my job as well. The company had to make cuts and sadly, my job was one of them. I've been isolating myself a lot recently, not wanting to face people. It's easier being alone, I don't have to put on a front and pretend that everything's okay, when it really isn't. I've barely been answering messages, even ones from Brendon. I've read them but I just don't have the heart to reply.

Flicking through the TV channels for the 100th time, I hear my phone ping, signalling a message.

Brendon: Is everything okay??? You haven't replied to me in days

I'm suddenly filled with guilt, I've never ignored Brendon's messages before. So, I quickly send off a generic response.

Me: I'm good, just busy x

I can't help but scoff at my blatant lie, but I hope that it's enough to satisfy him for now. I turn the TV off, after finding nothing decent to watch. Snuggling under my duvet, I fall asleep almost instantly. Sleep has been my salvation recently, it means I don't have to face up to anything. 

I'm rudely awoken by the doorbell, I try to bury myself under the duvet but whoever it is, is very persistent. Groaning, I throw back the duvet and head to the door. As I open it, Brendon bursts in.

"Wow, really busy Y/N" He says, sounding slightly concerned.

"Okay maybe that was a little lie" I admit, feeling really guilty again.

"A little lie? You look like shit, no offence" He sits down on the sofa and gestures for me to sit next to him, which I reluctantly do.

"Wow, thank you Brother dearest, just what every woman wants to hear" I reply sarcastically, refusing to make eye contact with him. He places a hand on my shoulder.

"No seriously, what's wrong? If you say nothing, I might get angry. I know something's up, it's not like you to just not respond to my messages" He asks, I quickly glance at him and he looks so worried.

"Okay, you really wanna know? James broke up with me and exactly the day after, I lost my job. So, I'm not doing so great right now. But hey, I'm an adult so I have to deal with it by myself" I explain, my walls crumble and I start crying. Brendon quickly wraps his arms around me and pulls me towards him, stroking my hair.

"Oh Y/N, you should have said. I'm so sorry that I didn't work out something was wrong sooner. I get that you probably don't want to talk about it now, but please don't shut me out again. I've been so worried about you. How about you come and stay with me for a while? Let me be a proper Brother to you and let me look after you" He offers, smiling warmly at me.

"I'd love that" I sniffle, finding a tissue to wipe my nose with. I stay wrapped in his arms for a few minutes, before working up the energy to pack a bag of my things. 

*1 Hour Later*

"Hey babe, Y/N is going to stay with us for a while, I hope you don't mind" Brendon says, kissing Sarah on the cheek.

"Of course I don't mind, I'm always here if you need a girly chat" Sarah says, giving my hand a squeeze. I pull her into a hug and whisper my thanks into her ear. I don't know what I'd do without them both.

For the rest of the evening, the three of us watch movies and order pizza. I can't believe I ever thought trying to shut him out would be a good idea. He always knows how to cheer me up and whenever I need him, he's always there for me.

Ughh I'm really struggling to get back into this whole writing thing