User (Fluff)

Y/N POV:

"Bren, just one more selfie, please?" I roll my eyes as Erin holds up her phone for the hundredth time. I have to bite my lip so hard to stop myself from making a sarcastic comment. Brendon and I have been friends since forever, I've seen him have countless girlfriends, but Erin is by far the worst. 

Brendon leans towards her and my heart breaks at how genuine his smile is, he's infatuated with this girl. I've tried so many times to gently speak to him about her, pointing out that she's nothing more than a user but he's so blinded by his love for her, that he won't hear it. All I can do is keep being as supportive as possible and hope that he comes to the realisation himself and soon.

"My followers are going to absolutely ADORE this!" She squeals, scrolling through the filters before posting the photo with some obnoxious caption. She gestures at me to like it and I flash a fake smile before double tapping the photo. It breaks my heart, because I wish the girl sat next to Brendon actually felt the same way as he did. Sure, Erin likes him to some extent but all she's worried about is raising her profile. 

"Why don't we go to the store and get some food? This house is so empty and it'll be time for dinner soon" Brendon suggests and I nod eagerly, putting my jacket on. Erin flashes a disgusted look.

"You two can go, it's nearly golden hour and I don't want to miss the good lighting" She says sweetly and Brendon smiles at her, before placing a kiss on her cheek. Rage bubbles inside me, how can he not see just how shallow she is? I grit my teeth as I say my goodbyes to Erin, before heading out of the house with Brendon.

*30 Minutes Later*

"I'll put the oven on as soon as we get in, I'm SO hungry" Brendon says as we walk the last block towards his house. 

"Sure, I'll fix us all a drink and set the table up outside" I say.

As we get inside the house, neither of us can see Erin but we can hear her talking on the phone, in her loud and irritating voice.

"I know, he's SO hot! Seriously, he didn't notice me when I only had a few hundred followers but being with Brendon has helped. If I'm honest, I'm bored of it now, he's lovely and everything but I'm just not into it. I have way more followers now and I even have brands asking me to promote their products, so I think it's worked" She says and I feel my blood run cold. I turn to Brendon and he's turned ghostly white and is clenching his fists, hard.

"Erin, we're back!" I call out and I hear her quickly whisper her goodbyes before coming into the kitchen, that fake smile plastered all over her place.

"What's wrong babe?" She asks, snaking her arm around Brendon's waist and by his face, I can tell it's taking all his strength not to pull away. 

"Who were you speaking to?" He asks, his voice calm but he's breathing deeply.

"Oh, just Natasha, why?" She replies.

"Oh, I just wondered why they get to find out that you're not into this relationship before I do" He says, his facial expression remaining neutral. She has the decency to look slightly guilty, staring at the floor. I stand there awkwardly, not sure whether I should leave or not. But, Brendon takes a few steps towards me, confirming that he wants me here.

"I was about to tell you, honest. But you know that Natasha is my girl, I tell her everything" She rambles on, her voice getting higher, a dead giveaway that she's lying.

"I'd really like you to collect your things and leave, as soon as possible" Brendon instructs her and her jaw nearly drops to the floor.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"I don't really like being used Erin, especially not to get some other guy's attention. I don't see any reason for you to stay here anymore, you've shown your true colours. I really liked you, hell, I was falling for you and I was stupid enough to believe that you felt the same way. I'll be in the dining room with Y/N, get your things and then get the hell out, don't contact me again" He says, before heading into the other room and I trail behind him. Erin doesn't move for a few moments but eventually I hear her head upstairs to collect her things.

I sit next to Brendon at the dining room table, but I don't say anything, I just place my hand on top of his. 

"I don't understand" He whispers, his voice cracking. 

"Neither do I, she's unbelievable. Trust me Brendon, you'll find the right person, I promise. But I think you need to take some time for yourself, I'm just so sorry this has happened" I say, pulling him towards me as tears start to run down his face. 

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Y/N, I really don't" He says.

"You'll never have to find out, I'm not going anywhere" I reply.

Well that was UTTER TRASH (Like me).