Don't Bottle It Up (Fluff)

THE BITCH IS BACK PEEPS

Y/N POV:

"Y/N, you're gonna be late for school if you don't hurry up" Dad shouts up the stares and I roll my eyes, throwing the bed covers back. It takes a lot of effort but I manage to drag myself out of bed and make myself somewhat presentable. Not that it matters what I look like anymore, the others at school are still going to make fun of me.

"Y/N, are you okay? You look so miserable" Mom asks, handing me a bowl of cereal. I don't bother eating it, I just pick up a spoonful and let it plop back into the bowl.

"I'm just tired, I better go. I'm not taking the bus today" I say, quickly getting down from the table, picking up my bag and bolting it out of the door before they can say anything. It kills me keeping this from them, I've always been so close with both of my parents but I can't tell them this. How can I explain what I'm put through everyday at school?

I put my headphones in and turn the music up to as loud as i can stand. Thank God for music, I genuinely don't think I'd cope without it. I walk in time with the beat, realising that classes begin soon and I'm still not that close to school. As I round a corner, I'm suddenly shoved to the ground. I hit my knee hard that I let out a loud yelp. I turn to look and see the usual bullies running away, laughing amongst themselves. Luckily they ran away before the tears started to fall or I would never hear the end of it. Today of all days I decided to wear ripped jeans and now all you can see are cuts and grazes through the holes in the knee. I pick myself up off the ground and carry on the walk to school, limping slightly due to my knee being in agony.

My classes were as dreadful as I had predicted. I had bits of paper, rubber and pencils thrown at me. I could hear the usual suspects whispering amongst themselves, my name being mentioned at regular intervals. I willed myself not to cry in class, as it would only add fuel to the fire. I had to pretend like it wasn't affecting me, even though it was killing me inside.

As soon as the bell rang for lunchtime, I hid myself in a bathroom cubicle. Luckily, the bathrooms are rarely used, so it's my only sanctuary at this hell of a school. As I was finally alone, I didn't have to hold myself together anymore. The tears started falling and didn't stop for ages. I was only interrupted by my phone ringing. Dad. I hovered my thumb over the 'reject' button, but knew that if I hung up, he'd only keep trying.

"Hello?" I answer, trying to sound as if I haven't been hysterically crying.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" He asks, his voice laced with concern. I wipe my eyes with the sleeve of my jumper.

"Nothing, I think I'm coming down with a cold, that's all" I lie, knowing full well he won't believe me.

"Y/N, you can talk to me, you know that. I know you well enough to know that you're crying" He says.

"I can't stand it anymore, Dad. The kids here are horrible and have been bullying me for months now. No matter what I do or say, they find a way to laugh at me. This morning, as I was walking to school, one of them shoved me over. So now my knee is all cut up. They throw stuff at me in class when the teacher isn't looking. I can't take anymore of it, I'd rather be dead" I rant, instantly regretting saying the last part.

"Right, that's it" He says and the phone line goes dead. The tears fall once more. What have I done? Why was I so stupid? i should have just kept my mouth shut, now Dad hates me too. I don't even bother returning to class when the bell rings to signal the end of lunch. Nobody will even notice that I'm not in class, I'm too irrelevant.

"Y/N?" A voice says, knocking on the toilet cubicle. I pick my feet off the floor and will them to go away, I don't want to face anyone.

"Y/N, your Dad is here" The voice says again and I'm instantly filled with dread. Reluctantly, I unlock the stall door and see Miss French, the guidance counsellor stood there. She flashes me a reassuring smile, before gesturing for me to leave the bathroom.

We make our way to the Principal's office and I can hear my Dad's voice from down the corridor.

"You promised me that when she joined you had a 0% tolerance to bullying but that's not the case is it? My kid told me that she'd rather die" He says, his voice breaking at the end of his sentence and I'm wracked with guilt.

"Ah Miss French, Y/N, do take a seat" Principal Hill says, pointing to two empty chairs. I perch on the end, willing the ground to swallow me up.

"I want to say this in front of the both of you, Mr Urie. I am awfully sorry that this has been happening to Y/N. I promise you that they will not get away with this and I will take all measures necessary to ensure they face the consequences. Y/N, I will need you to provide me with a list of their names. I know it seems daunting, but I promise I'm going to put a stop to this" He says, his voice extremely serious. I nod, too overwhelmed with emotions to speak.

"How about you come and see me first thing tomorrow, Y/N? We can talk things through and write the list together?" Miss French suggests and I flash her a smile, nodding.

"If anything else comes up, do not hesitate to contact me Mr Urie" Principal Hill says, standing up and shaking my Dad's hand.

I'm excused from school for the rest of the day.

"I just wish you'd told me or your Mom sooner, Y/N. You know you can trust us and we'll always be on your side. It killed me to hear the stuff you said on the phone. I don't want you bottling things like that up ever again. I love you and I don't want to lose you, ever, okay?" He says, pulling me into a hug in the school parking lot.

"I'm sorry I didn't say sooner. I love you too Dad, thank you so much"