*REQUESTED* Are You My Dad? (Imagine)

Request: Y/N and Brendon have a kid, but they split up before it was born. So, Brendon and the kid have never met. But one day, they all bump into each other.

Y/N POV:

"Y/D/N, will you please put your shoes on?" I say for the 1000th time. Honestly, all I ever seem to do is chase her around the house, nagging her to put her socks or shoes on. Luckily, this time, she decides it's probably time to listen to me, she's obviously taken note of the warning tone in my voice. 

"Where are we going Mommy?" She asks, fluttering her perfect eyelashes at me, obviously hinting for a new toy.

"The mall, we need to pick up some things for our vacation. If you're lucky, I might buy you something too, but you have to be good, okay?" I give her a hug before picking up my bag and heading out to the car.

Turning on the radio, I nearly have a heart attack when I hear the presenter speak.

"Here's a very special interview we did yesterday with Panic! At The Disco's Brendon Urie!" I glance at Y/D/N in the back and tears threaten to spill down my cheeks. The truth is, Brendon and I have a history. About 6 years ago, we used to date. We quickly fell for each other and that's when I found out I was pregnant. At first, we were all excited but things started to fall apart. He couldn't handle the responsibility so we broke up. When she was born, he made no effort to contact me so I didn't bother either. So, for 5 years Y/D/N has never known her Dad. Of course, I've heard his music but I always quickly turn it off.

"Are you okay Mommy?" She asks sweetly.

"Of course I am sweetheart, we're nearly there now" I say, pulling into a parking space. I quickly wipe my eyes before helping her out of the car. Walking hand in hand, we make our way to Forever 21 so I can buy myself some last minute clothes. For once, she's actually incredibly patient and stays by my side the whole time. So, I let her pick where she wants to go next. She grabs my hand and heads straight for the Disney store.

"I want all of them" She says, gesturing to all of the costumes on the shelf.

"How about one costume and one toy, okay?" I bargain and she readily accepts my offer. She selects a Cinderella dress and a Donald Duck toy. We head to the counter to pay. As I'm paying I hear a load of screaming outside.

"What's going on out there?" I ask the cashier and she just shrugs her shoulders before handing me my receipt. Taking Y/D/N's hand, I step outside cautiously to find a massive crowd of people. They seem to be holding up their phones, taking a picture of something or someone but I can't quite see what.

"I wanna see Mommy" She says, dragging me over and that's when I realise. It's Brendon. I try to pull her away but it's too late, he's spotted me. His face pales and he half-heartedly takes selfies with the rapidly decreasing crowd. Everything inside me tells me to run but I stayed glued to the spot. After he finishes the last selfie, he heads over to us.

"Y/N" He says.

"Hello Brendon" I say, avoiding eye contact.

"Is this..?" He asks, staring down at Y/D/N who is too enthralled in her Donald Duck toy.

"Yes, that's your daughter Brendon" I reply coldly.

"I wanted to call, I really did. I was scared, I was so young, I wasn't ready" He says, his voice breaking.

"And I was? I was younger than you Brendon, you think I was ready? You left me, you didn't bother to message. She was born 5 years ago and you're only just seeing her, only by chance" I bite back, Y/D/N looks up at me and I quickly flash her a reassuring smile.

"Okay, I was a jerk, I know that. I regret everything I did, it wasn't fair to leave you like that. I really don't have an excuse. I'm so so sorry Y/N" He says and by the look in his eyes, I can tell that he means it. I feel my cold exterior begin to thaw.

"It's okay. My parents were a great help, they took me in. They looked after her while I went for job interviews. They helped me with childcare and I'm doing good now, she's doing good too"

"You've done so well, I'm so sorry I haven't been around, I really am. But, I'd like to, if you'd let me?" He asks, his eyes looking hopeful.

"I want to Brendon, but we're going to have to slow down a bit. I'm seeing you for the first time in over 5 years, it's all a bit much. Let's start with exchanging phone numbers and go from there, okay?" I offer.

"That sounds good, thank you so much"

"Who are you?" Y/D/N asks, looking up at Brendon.

"My name is Brendon, what's your name?" He asks her, crouching down to her level.

"Y/D/N, Mommy says that my Dad chose it but I don't know him" She says, her mouth dropping into a frown.

"I'm certain that you'll know him one day, but for now, you have the most incredible Mommy" He says, ruffling her hair. She seems to accept the answer, as she smiles again and jumps around excitedly, still clutching Donald Duck.

"I do really want to be part of her life, but I'll do it at your own pace. I'm just sorry it took this long and we met under these circumstances"

"It's not the most ideal situation, granted. But, I'm glad we've met again and hopefully, we can build up a good friendship" I smile at him and he pulls me into a hug. At first, I'm stunned but I soon relax and hug him back. It genuinely feels like no time has passed at all.

"Anyway, I really do have to go but I promise to text you, okay?" He says and I nod, waving goodbye to him.

"Mommy, I liked him. Will we see him again?" She asks, holding my hand.

"Yes sweetheart, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him"