Stay Inside (Fluff)

This is based on the interview where Brendon said he thought there was a burglar in the house. If you have experienced a scare like this, then maybe don't read x

I'd spent all day out at work, doing an extra long shift and it had completely drained me of energy. Luckily, Brendon had already made dinner for when I got home, so I could completely relax. After dinner, we cuddled up on the sofa and watched a movie together. I love when we get to do cute things like that together.

"How was your day? What did you get up to?" I ask when the movie finishes, turning to face Brendon.

"I wrote a couple of songs, I don't know if they'll make it to the album but I'm sure I'll release them eventually" He explains.

"I bet they're amazing, you'll have to play them to me when you've recorded them" I give him a quick peck on the lips.

"But for now, I need to go to bed, I'm absolutely wiped out" I say, wrapping the blanket round me and heading upstairs. I make my way into the bathroom and go through my usual night time routine, of removing makeup and then putting on all of my skin care products. It takes me longer than usual, as my movements are much slower due to a lack of energy.

Eventually I manage to get into bed and fall straight asleep, not even bothering to turn our bedroom light off. I stir in my sleep as Brendon gets into bed but I soon settle down.

What feels like only moments later, I wake with a start and sit bolt upright in bed. BANG. I shake Brendon awake.

"Did you hear that?" I ask anxiously, my heart beginning to race at 100 miles an hour. 

"Hear what?" He asks and at that exact moment there is another noise, but this time it's of glass shattering. Brendon rushes out of bed and heads to the wardrobe and pulls out the Panic! At The Disco baseball bat.

"Brendon, what are you doing? Please be careful" I whimper, tears filling my eyes. 

"Stay here okay? Don't leave this room" He instructs me before whistling for the dogs, who come running into the room. I let them come on the bed and I cuddle both of them, while a half naked Brendon shuts the door behind him and heads downstairs to investigate. I listen hard, but everything is quiet. Way too quiet. 

All of a sudden, I see a bright light and I can make out the sound of Brendon's voice, but I can't hear what he's saying. Silent tears roll down my face. In all our years of living together, nothing like this has ever happened and now I realise why it shakes people up so much, it's terrifying. 

The dogs play with each other, without a care in the world. But I don't dare move. My heart feels like it'll beat right out of my chest in any minute. Then, I hear the sound of someone coming up the stairs and all sorts of thoughts start whirling round my head. Who is it? Is it Brendon? Is it a burglar?

Brendon bursts through the door and looks taken aback by the sight of me crying. He drops the bat and races over to me, gathering me up in his arms. I don't bother trying to cry quietly, I let myself cry ugly and very loud tears, while Brendon rubs my back gently.

"It's okay babe, honestly. Our neighbours broke a window so the security were alerted, they were just checking the area, that's who I was talking to. I think he was more shocked to find me, in just my boxers, holding a baseball bat" Brendon explains and I manage a laugh through my tears.

"I honestly thought someone had got in the house and that's who was coming up the stairs. I was terrified" I say, wiping the tears off my cheeks. 

"I should have called out before I came upstairs, I'm sorry Y/N" Brendon pulls me even closer to him and I bury my head into his chest.

"At least you were brave enough to go and see" I say, releasing myself from his grip and laying next to him in the bed. 

After all that, neither of us feel very tired. So we stay up talking to each other. The truth is, I feel a little too scared to sleep. Even though it turned out to be nothing, it was still terrifying. Brendon holds me a little bit tighter that night.