Never Think That (Fluff)

*Requested*

Y/N POV:

I stare at the words on the stick and I'm instantly filled with a sense of dread. I'd had my suspicions but I'd been too scared to confirm them. But, there's no hiding from it now. I'm pregnant. By the end of the year, I will be a Mother. Don't get me wrong, being a Mother is something I've always wanted but I can't help but fear that the timing is all wrong. Brendon has always made passing comments about not wanting to be a Dad, so I really fear this will be the end of us. I love him so much, I can't imagine my life without him. God, this is such a mess. Strangely, I find myself crying. I never expected to feel sad on the day I find out I'm pregnant. 

I hear Brendon enter the house, after spending all day in the studio. I quickly wipe the tears off my face and hide the pregnancy test, really not wanting to have to tell him just yet.

"Babe, are you upstairs?" He calls and I take a deep breath before heading downstairs, putting on a fake smile.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks, wrapping me into his arms.

"Yeah, I had a nap so I'm a bit out of it" I lie, making my way into the kitchen, looking in the cupboards to see what I can make for dinner. 

*A few hours later*

"You know what? I'm really tired, I think I'm going to head to bed" I say, stretching my arms out and getting up off the sofa. I kiss Brendon before making my way upstairs, leaving him to finish the movie. 

As I head up the stairs, I'm filled with so much guilt. It's not fair that I'm keeping this from him, he has a right to know too. But, I'm just so scared. I really do think that he'll end this, having a baby is not something he wants. I don't bother properly getting ready for bed, I just change my clothes and cry myself to sleep for the first time in ages. 

At about 3am I'm suddenly jolted awake with a sudden wave of nausea. I quickly throw the covers back and run into the bathroom just in time. Great, morning sickness. Brendon's smart, he'll soon work it out if this keeps on happening. I'm going to have to tell him in the next couple of days, not today though. I try to be as quiet as possible, the last thing I want is 20 questions. Just as I'm about to go back to bed, another wave of nausea hits me. This is too big to keep to myself, I don't think I can cope with this.

When I'm in the clear, I sit with my back against the bath tub and I let the tears fall again. I'm so consumed by my emotions that I forget that Brendon is only in the next room and I'm not exactly being quiet. 

"Babe, are you okay?" He asks, knocking on the door. Damn, I didn't lock it in my rush to the toilet. I watch as the door opens and I quickly try to wipe the tears away, but it's no use, I'm still crying.

"What's wrong?" He asks, sitting down next to me, putting his arm around me. This is why I can't tell him, I need someone who'll hold me when I'm falling apart.

"It's nothing, honestly, I'll be okay. Go back to bed, I'll be back in a minute" I manage to say but he doesn't move. He turns to face me, a stern look on his face.

"Nice try. Something's obviously bothering you, you can talk to me you know that" He says, his voice soft and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from crying even harder.

"But as soon as I tell you, everything will be different and it won't be for the better" I say, burying my head in my hands, wishing I wasn't such a coward.

He puts his arms around me and picks me up, placing me in his lap. He holds me close to him and I feel a wave of love for him, wishing this wasn't happening under these circumstances. 

"You're scaring me, Y/N. Whatever it is, we'll find a way through it together, okay? I love you so so much" He says.

"Before you get mad, I only just found out today and I've been trying to get my head round it before I told anyone. I'm pregnant and before you say anything, I know you don't want a baby. I understand if you want to call it a day on us" I say my voice really quiet and I don't even dare to look at him as I say it.

"You're pregnant?" He asks and I nod.

"And you think I'd want to break up with you?" He asks, his voice trembling slightly. I look at him long enough to notice tears in his eyes.

"I know that having a baby isn't something you want" I reply.

"Y/N. In the past I'll admit that I've made comments about not wanting a baby. But, this is a good thing. I can't think of anything better than having a little family with you. I love you so much and I'm going to love this child just as much. I couldn't ask for a better Mother for our child. It hurts me that you thought I'd break up with you. I'm in this for the long run, okay? We're gonna be parents" He says, a smile settling on his face.

"We're having a baby" I reply, allowing myself to smile too. A wave of relief washes over me. Why was I being so stupid? We're going to be parents. God, this is terrifying and exciting all in one. 

"This baby doesn't know how lucky it is having the coolest Dad around" He beams, helping me to my feet. 

I never know how to end imagines ahhhh