Surprise I Guess (Imagine)

*6 Months Ago*

Y/N POV:

"I'll be back before you know it Brendon, okay? I'm going to miss you so much" I say, choking back tears as I hug him as tightly as possible.

"Try and message me when you can, okay? These 6 months are going to be awful" He says, pressing his forehead against mine. I close my eyes as a few tears roll down my cheeks.

"I can't promise anything, wifi isn't guaranteed but if I find any, you'll be the first person I'll message. I love you" I whisper before gasping. Those are three words I've never actually said to him before. At first, he looks taken aback but a small smile spreads across his face. 

"I love you too" He whispers before pressing his lips against mine. We kiss for awhile before I reluctantly pull myself away. 

"I need to get to the airport, I don't want to miss my flight" I say, pulling out my phone and ordering an Uber from my app. 

I'm going backpacking around Asia for 6 months. It's something I've always wanted to do, but I've never had the money to do it. But, I've been working my ass off the past year, juggling three different jobs and I've finally saved more than enough to go. Brendon had offered to help me pay for it, but I refused. The last thing I want is the guilt that I've been sponging off of him, unable to pay my own way through my life. 

*6 Months Later*

Back on American soil. Weirdly, I feel a mix of emotions. Part of me is glad to be home, I've missed my own bed, my family and above all else, I've missed Brendon so much. But, part of me feels sad that it's all over. I loved the freedom of being by myself, stepping out of my comfort zone by forcing myself to speak to strangers. 

"Welcome home darling" Mom calls, waving frantically at me as I make my way over to her. She envelopes me in a tight hug, almost suffocating me. My Dad stands awkwardly next to her, not one for emotions. He nods at me and manages a small smile, but I know he's glad to see me too. 

"You ready to go?" Dad asks, taking my suitcase off me. 

"Yeah, I want to go home and shower first, I can't see him looking like this" I say, gesturing to my clothes and greasy hair. We've been planning this since before I left. I never told Brendon the exact date I returned home, because I wanted to surprise him. I got Mom and Dad to find out where Panic! would be performing, so I could go to the show and surprise him. Tonight, they're playing in Chicago which just so happens to be where I'm from originally. 

*A Few Hours Later*

"How do I look?" I ask, making my way downstairs. I feel like a new woman after taking my first hot shower in nearly half a year. 

"You look stunning sweetheart, Brendon's going to be so happy to see you" Mom says, kissing me on the cheek. Dad nods in approval before ushering us out of the door, not wanting to be late. 

As we arrive at the venue, I give my name to one of the security guards who waves us through. So far so good, I've been waiting for this day for so long. My heart pounds in anticipation as the countdown appears on the screen. As soon as Brendon pops up, I feel tears running down my face. He looks so happy as he floats about the stage, giving high fives to fans and dancing in time to the music. I've missed his voice so much. 

As the concert ends, we wait a little bit for the arena to empty before making our way backstage. I feel almost sick with nerves as I near his dressing room. I knock on the door a few times before pushing open the door. Instead of feeling a wave of happiness, I feel nothing but disgust and anger.

"Y/N I..." Brendon says, shoving the blonde girl off of his lap and making his way over to me. I hold my hand out and step away from him.

"6 months. You couldn't even wait 6 months" I say, tears filling my eyes.

"I barely heard from you, Y/N!" He exclaims and I feel my blood boil in anger.

"You knew I wouldn't have Wi-FI! I didn't deliberately not message you! I wanted to every single day. Every time something good happened, you were the first person I wanted to message. What was one of the last things I said to you before I left?" I ask, spitting the words out like they're venom.

He mumbles something and I hold my hand around my hear, gesturing for him to speak louder.

"That you loved me" He says, looking at the ground awkwardly. The blonde groupie stands there awkwardly and I shoot daggers at her, moving out of the way so she can make a hasty exit.

"And am I right in thinking you said those exact three words back?" I ask, not even bothering to hold back the tears anymore.

"Y/N, I meant those words, I promise I did" He says, moving towards me again but I step out of the way.

"How could you do this to me?" I say, taking a seat on the sofa as I let my tears overwhelm me. He takes a seat next to me and tries to wrap his arm around me, but I shrug him off. 

"I'm so sorry, let me make it up to you, please" He says, his voice breaking slightly. 

"I need to go, I can't deal with this right now" I don't even bother to look at him as I make my out of the room. I rush over to my Mom who's waiting in the corridor outside. 

"Is everything okay honey?" She asks and I collapse into her arms, tears streaming down my face.

"Can we just go home? Please" I manage to say and she leads me to the car.

Wow, I can't write anything positive rn