Richie° Thankful

Summary: You and Richie have a talk about your friendship, you thank him for everything.

Y/N POV

Tonight was a hang out night. The whole gang was over at Bill's... It was already 3 am and I still couldn't sleep, I needed a cigarette. My life hasn't been amazing lately, my father left Derry and decided to move to California, he left me and mom for another woman. Useless.

I sat up and turned to face my boyfriend Bill, he was fast asleep. Slowly, I stood up and made my way around the sleeping bodies, I decided to go sit outside in the back yard and just have a moment to myself. The cold air came in contact with your skin as you sat there just staring at the midnight sky.

*door opens*

You turned your head to check who had come out, It was Richie.

"Can't sleep?" Richie spoke, I nodded a no and exhaled. He joined me as he sat down on my right,

"I can never sleep, well, since my dad left." I mentioned while taking out my packet of cigarettes. Richie faced me and raised his brow, he looked like he was trying to find words to comfort me. I gave him a cig and we both lit them up. I took a puff and just blew out,

"He's a dick for doing what he did. You don't deserve to feel this way because of that fuck head." Richie mentioned, I nodded and smiled.

"I never liked him anyway, growing up around him I always knew he was a mother fucker." Richie spoke, I chuckled and examined Richies grin.

"Richie?" I whispered, he "Hmm" after he inhaled and exhaled his cigarette.

"You've been around more than he has. You've been here for me through the hardest fucking times and I just want to say thank you, I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. I love you." I explained just starting at him, he grinned and re-positioned his glasses.

"I love you too." He whispered as he lightly pushed me on the arm. My grin went ear to ear.

Richie POV

We finished our smokes and continued to sit there. I was gazing off into space as she talked about school. I was gazing off because I was thinking about what she did a couple minutes ago, she dropped an I love you. In our 8 year friendship, she had never said
'I love you'. I snapped out of my thoughts and faced her. I wanted to tell her that I meant what I said when I loved her back... more than a best friend.

But then, I thought about Bill. She was with him. No Richie, don't be that Dick.

-sorry this was short and that I haven't been updating in a while! Been super busy. Hope u liked this Tho ❤️