Two - Quarry camp

Jacob had been Renesmee's best friend all of her life. He was like an awesome older brother, but she was able to tell him everything, something she imagined she wouldn't be able to do with a real brother.
He was a werewolf or as she liked calling it, shape-shifter. Most people hear werewolf and think of the monsters from films, Jacob was nothing like that. He had an ability to transform into a wolf, he remained himself when transformed and he was not venomous, a bite from him would not convert you into a wolf also. In fact becoming a wolf was not something you could pass on to anyone else purposefully, it was instead something you inherited.

Jacob was an Alpha and therefore led his own pack, there was also another pack in the reservation, where Jacob lived, which was run by Sam Uley.

As a wolf, Jacob possessed superpowers both in and out of his wolf form, this made it easier when Renesmee wanted to play around with him, as she didn't have to worry about hurting him.

They were currently running through the forest at breakneck speed, Renesmee managed to overtake Jacob by doing a massive jump off a large boulder. Jacob caught up with her by springing himself off an upturned tree stump. They were both neck and neck, looking at each other with a grin. Jacob crept slightly in front, Renesmee held his tail to stop him going any further, he looked round to see what was going on. When he saw she had his tail, he turned to spring on her, she saw this coming and sprang towards him first. She managed to push him over whilst he was still turning, he then sprang back at her and they both ended up snowballing down a slight slope like a pair of playful lion cubs. Renesmee's giggles rang out into the night.

Jacob brought them to a halt on the edge of a cliff. Renesmee laid there giggling, Jacob's wolf form barking out laughs. He climbed off her and quickly dashed to the forest, returning quickly, in human form in shorts and a t-shirt.

Renesmee's giggles were subsiding when Jacob came back over to her. Giggling slightly himself he reached down and pulled her up with both hands into one of his famous bear hugs.

When they broke out of it Renesmee noticed, for the first time, that there was a massive fire at the bottom of the cliff, from where they stood.

This must be some kind of old quarry she thought, it was an impressive sight. All of the pack looked up after hearing Renesmee and Jacob's noisy entrance.

"About time!" Renesmee heard Seth shout up to them. Jacob turned to Renesmee,

"So do you want to go down there by the long and safe or the short and scary route?" Already knowing her response.

"What do I like that is long and safe?" She quickly responded.
Jacob appeared to think for a second then gesturing to his height, of over six foot said,
"Me?"
She giggled and pushed him playfully as she walked to the edge of the quarry and started climbing down. Before her head was out of sight she said,
"So what does that make me? Short and scary?"

The rest of the evening was spent with storytelling and laughter, including comments on how Renesmee was a little overdressed for a campfire. Much to her annoyance, it led to Jacob telling the story of her attempted escape to a party.

This sparked Paul to tell them a story from his pre-wolf days. He'd snuck out to a party, come home stinking drunk, climbed up his drainpipe and into his room. Only to find out that he was in the completely wrong house. He'd managed to climb into the room of his neighbours beautiful older daughter, she'd woken up and screamed the place down, before he was forcibly removed by her father.

The storytelling continued, all of the pack listening intently and howling with laughter. The couples within the group cosied together to keep warm. Renesmee and Jacob sat close to Seth, Embry and Quil. Renesmee shivered slightly, despite the fact that she was usually a constant warm temperature. Jacob instinctively put his arm around her and pulled her close to him, to give her a big bear hug.

"You know you really should have worn something more appropriate for this evening," he said, with a raised eyebrow and upturned mouth, as he looked down at her nestled into him. She turned her head to look him in the eyes.

"Well I didn't expect to be kidnapped did I?" she said, her mouth also turning up at the sides. He smiled at her, then looked towards the fire, the smile not leaving his face.

The evening ended when several of the party let out loud snores and everyone realised that, at three in the morning, they should be getting back. Jacob took Renesmee back as close to her cottage as she would allow. If he came any closer she ran the risk of his smell, thoughts or noise being picked up from the occupants within and she would get busted for a second time this evening for sneaking out.

"Thanks for an ace night," Renesmee said to Jacob when it was time for him to go.

"Well thank you for coming along so easily. I've never kidnapped anyone who was so willing before!"

"You can kidnap me anytime Jacob!" She replied. He smiled then looked serious and took a moment before speaking again.

"Remember what you promised though, I don't want you sneaking out like that. Please promise me you'll ask your Mum and Dad from now on.
I'll be able to sleep safely when I know you are sleeping safely. I mean you don't want me to have to lurk outside your window each night do you?" He said.

"Yea, I don't think I could hack you setting your pack onto me again, so I suppose I'll try and ask them next time."

"Promise me."

"Jacob you're worse than my Dad sometimes, ok I promise!" She said, then stuck her tongue out at him.

"Hey, I'm just looking out for my Nessie," he said.

"I know. Thanks," she replied, starting to smile, but it quickly turned into a yawn.

"Come on, off you go to bed," Jacob said, then as usual, placed a hand on her back and leaned in to kiss her on the forehead. He lifted his head back from her slightly then said,

"Night, night Nessie. Sweet dreams."

She squeezed his hand and said "Night, night my Jacob."

She smiled, released her hand and walked to the cottage, thankfully managing to get into bed without being caught.