Thirty Two - Nuts about you

That evening she went to meet the others at the Reservation. They were all at the campfire near the coast that they'd only been to a few times. Renesmee like it there, it was more enclosed and cosy.

She had called her parents after leaving Ethan's to let them know she was still alive and to tell them she was out with Jacob again tonight. Feeling guilty about the amount of time she was spending with him, she promised she'd be home the whole day tomorrow, so they could all do something.

There was already a party atmosphere when she arrived. Music was blaring and bodies were dancing about.

She loved the energy of the pack, she felt so welcome, she'd always felt one of them. There was an amazing connection between all of the wolves, brotherly and sisterly relationships, which would obviously lead to frequent bickering, but there was normally nothing much to them. That's not to say they hadn't had their blow ups, as they really had, but they all managed to work through these problems eventually.

The respective partners of those who had imprinted were always treated with the same level of respect. Nessie not being one of them, felt privileged to be so welcomed by the pack.

Everyone was here tonight. Sam and Emily, who were happily married with one child, were in attendance for the first time in a month. Renesmee got on very well with Emily, but not as well with Sam.
Sam had always kept a distance from her and she was fully aware of why. It was the very reason she'd never fully been able to warm to him.
Sam had planned to kill her whilst she was still in her Mum's womb. Jacob had stopped him and in the process had broken up the pack. Jacob was the original alpha of the pack, but had stepped down to let Sam take control. However Jacob was able to break away from Sam's command and in doing so formed his own pack, which the majority of Sam's pack eventually moved over to join.

Leah was the second in command and fiercely happier since moving to Jacob's pack, this allowed her personality to shine and where she was previously one of the most disliked members of the pack, she was now liked and respected by all.

Renesmee got on well with Leah, their favourite sport, winding Jacob up. Which is exactly what they were up to this evening. Jacob was wearing a hoodie and the two girls were throwing peanuts into the hood when his back was turned. Both of them were dead on shots so they never missed. He would occasionally look around at them suspiciously as they burst into giggles. They had nearly exhausted their supply, surely he would notice soon.
He didn't.
So he now had a whole packet of peanuts in his hood and was none the wiser.
They let him carry on like that for the rest of the evening, occasionally sneaking a few out to eat without him knowing.

Renesmee was very cosy with Jacob again this evening. Her rule of limiting the amount of contact with him had been thrown out the window after last night. She'd only been keeping her distance previously to prevent herself from getting a crush on him. It was so far past that point now that it didn't matter anymore and Renesmee was glad. She happily cuddled him whilst they chatted to other members of the pack, being very careful not to upturn the stash of peanuts in his hood.

They were catching up with some of the younger members of the pack, Todi, Amit, Kele and Tala. They were only 10 or 11 when they first phased,  they were now in the last year of school, the same as Renesmee. They went to school at the reservation, which Renesmee was unable to attend. Tala was the only other female in the pack, after Leah, and as such they had formed a strong bond. Leah really stepped up from the moment Tala had first phased and helped guide her through the tough times. Renesmee remembered Jacob telling her how amazed and pleased he was with Leah's transformation to be able to support someone so fully like that.

There were only three other members of the pack, who were younger than those four. They were between 7 or 8 when they first phased. Now aged 14 and 15 they were able to join the pack fully. They'd previously been kept away from daily patrols and duties. The only battle they had been involved in was over six years ago and was also the cause of the youngsters phasing so early. Renesmee felt a slight guilt towards the youngest seven members, as it was because of her that the battle had started in the first place.