Twenty Two - Oh, balls.

She blushed, she'd not been expecting to see Ethan here.

She instinctively glanced back towards Jacob for some kind of moral support, he was looking back at Frank, but he looked like he'd quickly looked away from her.

She was on her own.

"Hi," she said shyly, embarrassed at being busted.

"Hey," he replied seemingly amused by the whole thing, "so are you going to tell me where you learnt to throw like that?" he asked, smiling at her.

"Just years of practice" Renesmee lied.

"We could do with you on our baseball team," he said.

"Yea, I'm restricted to use this wicked talent for recreational activities only" she replied smiling at him, he giggled.

"So you can't stay away from the fair, eh?" he said.

"Look who's talking!" she retorted.

"Ah, but me and my mates are just passing through on our way to the movies," he said, pointing behind him to a group of four young men in the crowd.

"Yes, of course. You're off to see a film today," said Renesmee remembering her conversation with Alice about her premonition. He looked at her puzzled.

"How did you know that?" he asked surprised.

"You told me last night," she lied convincingly, after realising her error. She moved the conversation on before he could notice anything.

"I'm here with Jacob. I told you that he'd be upset about not going to the fair, so decided it was best to let him out of the house. He only chews up the sofas and scratches the carpet if you leave him alone too long," she joked, whilst gesturing in Jacob's direction. She looked at him to see if he'd noticed her subtle wolf reference, she was quite taken aback at what she saw.

Harriet was flirting with all of her worth with Jacob, which was to be expected. What disturbed her was, he looked like he was flirting back with her.

The two of them were laughing, Harriet playfully tapped Jacob on his chest, then seemed to go all doey eyed and giggly when this alerted her to his toned torso underneath. What the hell was he playing at? She'd never seen him show an interest in any girl like this before, why now and why Harriet? She was a nice enough girl, but she couldn't see Jacob with someone like that.

"It's hard isn't it?" Ethan said next to her. She almost jumped as she'd forgotten he was there. She looked at him questioningly, hoping that he hadn't been talking to her for a while. He answered her look,

"I'm the same with my sister, if she's out with a guy, no-one will ever be good enough for her. It's weird how protective I get sometimes, it drives her mad. I'm guessing that even though you two aren't Brother and Sister, you've grown up together, it must feel a bit like that for you too".

She noticed Jacob look up briefly towards her and Ethan, then back to Harriet. He was obviously aware that they were talking about him, so she chose her words carefully in response.

"Yea it's very weird," was all she mustered as a response, still looking slightly puzzled over at them. She pulled herself out of her thoughts and turned to Ethan.

"So what are you watching at the cinema?" she asked him.

"Some action / adventure flick, can't remember the name of it, the boys chose it," he said, "would it be ok if I introduced you to them?" he asked her tentatively.

"Yea of course, I'd love to meet them," she replied.

"Cool," he said then took her hand and led her over to them.