Forty - Sleep stalking

As soon as she fell asleep she went into some weird dreams. She couldn't remember most of them, but the ones she did were very vivid.

She dreamt she was running away from a Vampire Harriet who was screaming at her for skipping out on her party early, they'd got into a fight and Harriet had kicked her in the back, rolling her over. Jacob had turned up and was on Harriet's side.

Harriett said, "See he was always mine." Before she and Jacob kissed.

A hole opened up underneath Renesmee's feet and she plunged into the earth. She had jumped awake briefly, but instantly fell back asleep.

She had returned to a completely different dream, something about it was strange. It was like she had come into it half way through.

It was dark and she was on a riverbank, she was looking down on herself and Jacob talking. She moved closer to hear the conversation, it appeared that they were arguing.

"Look I'm not some sort of puppet of yours, if I want to wade across this river I'm going to," she heard herself say. Jacob had both hands on her arms pleading with her.

"Don't you realise how dangerous that is? Look at how fast the water is flowing, there is no way of knowing how deep it is. You'll get swept downstream," he said seriously. She had just laughed at him.

"It's ok, you'll come in and save me if I get into any trouble."

"I'm not always going to be able to save you, you need to look after yourself better. Have I protected you too well growing up that you have no sense of danger?" He asked.

"Don't be so dramatic Jake, there's no danger! Only fun to be had!" With that she'd run into the river, quickly reaching the middle.

Jacob was shouting at her to stop, she just smiled back at him and carried on.

She stopped as she tried to cross the middle section, it looked like she was struggling against the flow. She started screaming at Jacob to help her, he was in the water like a flash, making his way towards her.

She looked like she was struggling more than ever, he was nearly at her when she let out a loud scream and got dragged downstream by the current. He looked distraught and threw caution to the wind, allowing himself to be taken by the rush of water in an effort to save her.

The Renesmee on the bank looked on in horror at Jacob as he was pulled under the water and banged against rocks. All in an effort, she thought, to stupidly save the other Renesmee.

She acted instinctively, everything felt so real, she had forgotten she was in a dream. She hurtled herself along the bank, never taking her eyes off of Jacob. She caught up with him and looked around her for anything to help extract him. Up ahead was a bridge. She ran as quickly as her legs would take her to it.

She was now in front of him, she ran across the bridge and spotted Jacob in the waters below coming towards her. She plotted his trajectory based on the flow of the water, hooked her feet in the steel structure of the bridge and hung herself off, dangling her hands down to grab him.

As he approached he saw her and reached his arms up, she grabbed them and swifty dragged him from the water. She managed to pull them both up to the bridge, they collapsed on each other and recovered their breath.

"You idiot, what do you think you were doing going in after me like that?" she said angrily at Jacob, whacking him on the chest, "You could have been killed!"

"If you had just listened to me and not been so reckless there would have been no problem," he replied, "there would be no point in me living if you were killed. You know that. So it makes no difference."