Twenty - Showtime

"So how was it?" Alice's voice was saying somewhere above her.
She rolled over, not yet ready to wake.
The hint was obviously not taken, as the covers were pulled back off her, forcing her awake.
Coming groggily to she mumbled.

"Alice, quit it, go away!" Still with her eyes closed.

"No, we're not going anywhere. We want the gossip from last night" Alice replied brightly.

"We? How many of you are there?" she said confused, finally opening her eyes thinly to scan the room. As Alice had implied, she was not alone. Renesmee's Mum, Rosalie and Esme all stood over her with excited faces.

"So how was it?" her Mum asked in a kind tone. Renesmee knew she would have to debrief about the date at some point and they all looked so excited, so she sat herself up in bed and began to tell them about her evening.

"Can you not just show us?" Rosalie asked, as Renesmee ploughed into telling the story.
She had purposely not shown them as she didn't want to give away her thoughts about her kisses with Ethan. She knew if she showed them, they'd pick up that the kiss between her and Jacob had made all of the kisses with Ethan pale into insignificance in comparison. Renesmee needed to keep her thoughts on that subject to herself whilst she figured out what they meant.

"Uh" was the only response she could give to Rosalie as she thought of an excuse.

"Well, it's private isn't it Renesmee? Somethings are nice to keep in your head only, right?" her Mum thankfully said, graciously saving her and giving her an excuse to work with. She could have hugged her for helping her out even though she had no idea what Renesmee was thinking.

"Yea, I don't want you to see everything that went on. It would be a little embarrassing" she said, then continued to tell them of the fun evening she'd had with Ethan. All of the lovely things he'd said to her, her battering him on the dodgems and him feeling ill after going on practically every ride. Explaining to them that she'd had a fab time, he was fun and easy going.

Then the subject she knew was coming, and was dreading, finally came up. She knew this would test her acting skills.

"So did he kiss you?" Alice asked smiling.

"Yes, we kissed" Renesmee said blushing.

"Ooo, so tell us all the details" Alice said excitedly. "Was he as good as you thought he'd be?"

Renesmee tried to hold back the massive blush attempting to show on her face and failed, luckily her audience could take that to mean it did live up to her expectations, instead of it actually meaning it was way off what she thought it would be like.

She needed inspiration to answer the question, so used her memory of her kiss with Jacob and tried to pretend that was what had happened on her date with Ethan.

"It was fantastic," she said, allowing her mind to wander back to Jacob's bedroom, his body fitting perfectly with hers. His soft lips on hers, kissing her passionately. His groans sending her pulse raising skyward. She then remembered her audience and snapped back to reality.

"Blimey, it must have been one hell of a kiss" her Mum said, Renesmee's blatant day dream not going unnoticed. Renesmee couldn't help blushing again, if only they knew what she was actually thinking. Renesmee agreed with her Mum. Then at Alice's insistence retold the first kiss with her and Ethan in detail. They ooo'd and aww'd in all the right places.

"So when are you seeing him again?" Esme asked.

"I don't know, we didn't discuss anything" Renesmee said, they all looked slightly worried.