Sixty One - Short relief

The relief she felt on sight of the wolves was extremely short lived. As soon as they had ripped the three vampires to pieces, they themselves came under attack as more vampires flew in from the window. It looked like they'd been battling with a second vampire group the whole way here.

Edward, who had been engaged in a fight with some of the remaining vampires from the first group, obviously heard Renesmee's thoughts and shouted for Jasper and Emmett to go and help the wolves out.

At the same time she saw the three wolves who she'd identified as Brady, Tala and Leah, communicating to each other. It looked like they had something important to do.

That was the good thing having grown up with the wolves, it might not be too obvious to an outsider, but Renesmee could easily spot when they communicated to each other via wolf telepathy. She just didn't have much of a clue what they were saying.

Tala and Leah, along with the new additional fighting power of Jasper and Emmett, stayed to fight the vampires whilst Brady ran to complete whatever urgent task he'd been given.

Brady entered the room where Renesmee stood and he seemed extremely relieved to see Edward but still continued on towards,

"Carlisle!" Edward shouted urgently. "Follow Brady quick."

If there was any colour left in Renesmee's cheeks, what little was, drained at her Dad's words.

Someone, or maybe more than one person was injured and pretty seriously too by Edward's tone. There had been a hardness to the way in which he'd spoken the instruction to Carlisle, as if he'd been trying to hold back emotions in his voice.

Carlisle dashed away in a flash, Edward followed, most likely because they might need an interpreter for the wolves.

Renesmee wanted to follow them too but she had to take care of the group. She looked around at them, the expression she imagined she wore she saw staring back at her from all of their faces.
They had fully understood the significance of the urgent request for Carlisle.
Everyone except Ethan. He stood at the back looking very shellshocked by the whole thing. Renesmee could understand, after everything that he'd seen this evening, but she imagined he was currently in shock after seeing the wolves for the first time with his own eyes.
She wondered if he'd realised that it was Leah out in the hall, she wouldn't be surprised if he did, with that photographic memory of his. He could quite easily put two and two together from when he viewed her memory.

Renesmee was sick of not knowing what was going on, she knew at least one of the pack members was seriously hurt. She didn't know who, not that it mattered, they are all her family. She couldn't bear to think it might be Jacob.

She made a decision. She doubled checked herself to ensure sure she wasn't being rash and acting on emotion, she wanted to ensure she didn't repeat her mistake which nearly led to her death in the woods before. She rationalised that she wasn't acting impulsively as she'd been trying to move the group ever since they came under attack.

It looked like the fight was about to get back into full swing again, she wanted to use this lull to get them somewhere safer. She ideally wanted them in a room where someone would be able to keep an eye on them, preferably a windowless room, so there were minimum entry points.

She scanned through the school rooms in her head, there were a few small offices, but she wanted something a little larger. Then it hit her, the Art Department had a large dark room, so big that they were able to hold their classes in there sometimes. Perfect, she thought, plus it was only a little way down the hall from here.

Renesmee quickly and quietly filled them in on the plan, they recruited Alice to help out on the journey. Renesmee made sure Rachel was ok, then after her assurance, asked her to keep her necklace on and be on high alert.

She led the way, with Alice at the rear and Rachel on the outside flank. They mostly kept close to the wall so managed to not need additional protection on that side.

They were able to easily get past the female vampire who appeared to be in a losing battle against Kela, Leah, Emmett and Jasper.

Other vampires whipped their heads around hastily at the smell of the humans walking by. This distraction headed her remaining family overpower them as a result.

Their little group carried on undisturbed for a bit as they made their way around a corner.

Renesmee was able to hear the sound of a fight going on outside in the ground for the first time. This is why the halls were luckily not overrun with vampires.

Once around the corner she was able to see the door a bit further up on the left hand side. This made her apprehensive and she tried to move them all along quicker, whilst keeping an eye out for danger all around them at the same time.

With about ten metres to go, Alice suddenly screamed,

"GO! I'll stay and cover it!"

This was the signal she'd been dreading and she quickly got into action. She grabbed hold of Emily and Isi and carried them into the dark room, returning seconds later to pick up the nearest person who happened to be Claire and carried her.

The group had begun to run towards the dark room at Alice's warning, but Renesmee wanted as many of them out of the way before they were attacked by vampires, so continued to ferry them individually at superspeed.

She checked the dark room for any unfamiliar and potentially dangerous scents before she had placed the group in there, but had not had the time to process the combination of other more familiar scents she'd detected.

She raced back to the hall after dropping off Lisa and Kim. Ethan and Rachel were the only ones left and were almost at the door when the windows opposite them smashed and two vampires came through them.

One lunged straight at Rachel, by this point she was more than capable of dealing with them by herself thanks to her necklace. She instantly repelled the vampire backwards where he connected heavily with the wall.

The other had lunged straight at Ethan, Renesmee jumped across its path and dragged it with her as she hurtled down the hallway, narrowly avoiding the vampire Rachel had just catapulted through the air.

She looked back at Rachel and Ethan who were watching her flight, so she shouted for them to get out of here. She was pleased when she saw them act on her instruction and make their way into the dark room with the others.

She felt a lot happier knowing they were all in there and all she had to do was keep guard of the door. It felt much safer.

So with one eye on the door at all times, she returned to her fight