Fifty - End of the day

As soon as they were inside Catlin took her to one side.

"Oh my god, what on earth happened?" she asked, "I'm assuming that he's forgiven you."

"What? Forgiven me for what?" Renesmee said confused.

"Uh, for yesterday, you were apparently being dealt your punishment, although I'm wondering what form of "punishment" he dealt you, seeing as you can't keep that grin off your face." Catlin said.

"Oh yea, everything is forgiven," Renesmee said, "I had to serve part of my punishment this morning, I had to get him breakfast in bed."

"So come on spill," Catlin said quietly to Renesmee whilst rummaging through her locker.

"Spill about what?" Renesmee tried to ask innocently, but a grin spread across her face again.

"About that," Catlin said pointing at Renesmee's grin, "and about you and Jacob in the car park, I've never seen you two so happy before."

The grin on Renesmee's face widened as they moved down the hall to their first class. She looked around at Catlin, giggling happily. She stopped and grabbed her hands, turning to face her.

"I've never been so happy," she said, "We kissed this morning!"

Catlin bounced up and down on the spot with excitement and giggled along with Renesmee.

"I knew it! Ness, I'm so happy for you! This is amazing news!" Catlin said pulling her into a hug.

The final class bell rang and they both quickly scarpered to class.

Catlin asked her a barrage of questions throughout their morning classes, mostly via hastily scribbled notes passed between them.

On their way to lunch they were able to pick up their conversation properly and having exhausted the topic of the actual kiss, during their morning of lessons, they were now discussing what he might have planned for this evening.

"So he said he was taking you somewhere that he'd never taken anyone before?" Catlin asked rhetorically, "Well that's pretty cryptic but it surely rules out a few places."

"Yea," Renesmee replied, "he also said that he needed to tell me something important."

"Really?" Catlin asked excitedly as they joined the lunch queue. "What do you think it is?" she asked, then instantly answered her own question, "Oh, what if it's that he's in love with you too!"
She practically bounced on the balls of her feet.

Renesmee giggled in response, as she'd obviously already had this thought too, so she was pleased to hear someone else jumping to the same conclusions as her.

"Well that's what I thought, but I don't want to get too carried away in case it's something else. I mean it could be anything," Renesmee responded.

"Yea it could be," Catlin said, with a smirk in her direction, "Yea those revered looks he was giving you this morning probably meant nothing."

They both giggled as they walked with their food to the others.

"What are you two giggling about?" Harriet asked as they set their trays down on the table. Renesmee and Catlin looked at each other, Renesmee had already made it clear that she didn't want anyone else to know about this right now.

"Just had another amusing class with Mr Hogkins," Renesmee lied.

"Oh I'm so glad I don't have him anymore, I was unfortunate to be sat in the front row for lessons, I needed a rain mac!" Harriet commented, several people giggled in response.