Forty Seven - Wicked wolf of the East

She had run directly East for a few minutes before she caught a scent she recognised in the distance. She sped up slightly, not quite sure why she was so keen for her punishment.

The scent she'd picked up on was slightly inevitable and also quite worrying, as it had to be something pretty big if he'd got so many people involved.

Before long she could see them, both packs were in a circle, in the small clearing ahead.

She slowed down and walked the remaining distance, taking in the spectacle as she did so. There was a small opening in the circle of wolves, through the gap she could see Jacob who was in his human form. He had his back to her.

She walked through the gap in between the wolves, they closed it behind her. She glanced around her, the sight of all of the huge wolves surrounding her on all sides was very impressive and intimidating. She knew Jacob had set it up like this to make her uncomfortable and he was succeeding.

Jacob had still not moved, even though he was obviously aware she was there, as he would be able to smell her.

She waited nervously, not sure whether she should speak or not. She suddenly found her voice and said,

"Jacob I'm so sorry. I didn't know that would happen."

He stepped away from her and didn't respond. He moved to the far end of the circle before he turned and faced her.

She instinctively smiled at him in welcome, his mouth twitched in reply, but he quickly stopped himself and returned to serious expression, as he stood there with his arms folded looking at her.

He finally spoke and when he did she noticed his authoritative tone, which he normally used when issuing commands to the pack.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen," he said. She noted the formal use of her full name, which he never normally called her. "As punishment for blatant and excessive use of your Vampire mind tricks, which resulted in your best friend losing control of his mind for over one hour, you will have to compete in an activity with your family against the wolves."

"What activity?" she asked.

He ignored her and carried on talking. Was it bad that she was getting a little hot under the collar by Jacob in this authoritative mode? She tried to push the thought to the back of her head as she listened to what he had to say.

"If I win you have to obey what I tell you to do."

"Like what?" she asked.

He again acted as if he had not heard her question, but his next statement answered her question anyway.

"If I win, you have to go out with me tomorrow," he said. She practically laughed.

"Really? Well that's no hardship, you're losing your touch sweetie," she said.

He smiled cruelly at her, her heart beat slightly faster in response.

"You also have to get me breakfast in bed for the next two weeks," he continued.

"What?" she cried. How would she cook him breakfast without burning something down? How early would she have to get up to make him breakfast each day. This was proper torture for her and he knew it.

He wasn't finished.

"And you can't stay at mine tonight," he added.

"You're mean," she said to him, "Is there anything else?" she asked apprehensively.

He smiled his mean smile at her again. She didn't know if he had any idea how hot he looked when he did that. She lost track of the conversation a little and had to backtrack her mind to remember what she'd asked, as he answered,