Seventeen - First sight

Renesmee was late to rise, still completely chilled from her pamper session last night. She had a lazy morning eating her breakfast on the couch chatting to her Mum.

At midday she got herself dressed and headed back to the cottage to tackle her homework. Every now and again she would get a nervous flutter in her tummy when she thought of her evening plans.

At 4pm Alice made her way into her room, calling a halt to anymore homework. She fussed with Renesmee's hair, accentuating her natural curls by making them bigger so that they flowed gracefully down her back and tied the top layer back behind her head. She then started on Renesmee's makeup, she was finished very quickly.

"Why do you insist on starting work on me so early if you'll be done in no time?" Renesmee asked.

"Because we have yet to decide on your outfit for tonight" Alice replied.

"I've already got that sorted, I'm going to wear the blue dress we bought on Wednesday" Renesmee replied with a pleased smile.

"Yes, but you do have a track record of changing your mind when you see yourself in an outfit with your hair and makeup done" Alice retorted with a cheeky smile. Renesmee had no answer for her as she knew Alice was right. They made their way into the fantastically large walk in wardrobe, to Renesmee's surprise Bella, Rosalie and Esme were all there waiting for her.

"Thought we'd make it a girly affair" said Bella.

"Yea we knew you'd need help with your outfit" Rosalie said with a small smirk much like Alice's.

"I've already got it picked out, I'm wearing the blue one" Renesmee repeated to her new audience, doubts slipping into her head as she said it. They all smiled at the look of indecision now creeping across her face.

"Don't worry, you'll look stunning whatever you wear" said Esme, coming over to hug her granddaughter "Alice, I love what you've done with her hair" she commented.

"Thanks Esme" both Alice and Renesmee said.

"Right let's get started" said Rosalie handing Renesmee the blue dress. As predicted Renesmee now felt differently about the blue dress and starting trying on different outfits. She tried on long skirts, short skirts, trousers, jeans and more dresses. Each outfit being critiqued by the audience.

"Too long" "Too short" " Too smart" "Too casual" were some of the comments. That was until she tried on a cute little dress which was sleeveless with a slightly ruched bottom to it which came down to just above her knee. It was dark purple in colour, tailored to perfectly fit her hourglass figure, the fabric was not too slinky and had a nice thick quality to it which made it very comfortable.

Everybody gasped in agreement, Alice instantly disappeared, returning seconds later with a pair of beautiful black shoe boots in her hands. Renesmee jumped up and down excitedly, knowing as Alice had, that these would go perfectly with the dress and would make her look a bit like a rock chick.

"Ooo and this jacket" Alice said throwing a short black jacket her way, Renesmee tried it on. It completed the look and she glanced back at herself feeling very pleased with the job Alice and everyone had done. She felt amazing and felt confident about going out to meet her date.

"Excellent, that jacket totally works! You can put that on to make your outfit more casual for the fair after the meal and still look smoking hot!" Alice said enthusiastically.

"Yea Ness, you look amazing!" Rosalie said

"I agree" Esme contributed.

Renesmee beamed at them all,