Forty Four - Louder than words

One exciting bike journey later, they arrived at the ice cream parlour and sat down in a booth chatting. Renesmee hadn't had a chance to sit down and relax like that, with her friends, in ages. It was a good chance for Jacob to get to know them a bit better and visa versa. They all joked and giggled. Catlin and Tarek watching in astonishment at the amount of ice cream both Renesmee and Jacob were consuming.

They parted ways, Renesmee was pleased to see Tarek had offered to take Catlin home, the girls shared a quick smile as they both departed.

Jacob came back with Renesmee to her place and offered to help read lines with her. She noticed he was looking a little exhausted as they sat down on the sofa and started to read. So she was unsurprised when he rested his head in her lap after about ten minutes.

She started absent mindedly stroking his head, running her fingers through his hair. The movement soothed her as she ploughed into one of her longer speeches. She was halfway through it when she heard soft snores from below her, she looked down to see Jacob passed out asleep. She smiled at him, he'd not been getting much sleep of late, with his extra patrols and he would never let her know that. So she was glad he was getting a chance to rest now and had no intentions of waking him up.

She moved her hand down over his face as she watched him sleep. He looked so peaceful, she could watch him sleep all day. She had been working so hard recently to not give away her true feelings for him, that she'd avoided looking at him too much. Now she had him in front of her and no-one else was around, so she could look at him as much as she wanted.

Her hand slowly traced his face, she found herself smiling as she watched him. Her heart ached with the love she felt for him. She loved everything about him, she would do anything for him.

She traced his lips, then brought her hand up to her lips, then placed them back down on his, transferring the kiss.

She continued to watch him in the same way, until she heard a noise. She snapped her eyes up, to see her Mum stood at the top of the stairs staring down at her with a smile on her face.

Renesmee quickly stopped tracing his face with her hand, but by the look on her Mum's face, it was too late. She wasn't sure how long her Mum had been watching but she'd apparently seen enough.

Her Mum made her way to the kitchen. Renesmee managed to move herself out from underneath Jacob without waking him, placing a pillow under his head to compensate for her lap. She made her way to the kitchen to join her Mum.

As soon as her Mum spotted her, she was on her in an instant, giving her a massive hug.

"Aw Mum, what's that for?" Renesmee said.

"I'm just so happy for you," her Mum said sincerely and Renesmee knew what she meant by that. Renesmee was pleased her Mum was taking this so well.

"I thought you might be mad at me," Renesmee said.

"No why would I be? I just want you to be happy and I can see now how happy he makes you. I don't know how you've kept this a secret from your Dad though," her Mum replied.

"Don't be mad at him, but he's been keeping it a secret for me. I just didn't know what to do about my feelings, so thought it would be best to keep it quiet," she confessed.

"How long has he known?" Bella asked a little surprised.

"A few weeks now. I made him promise," she said, hoping that her Dad wouldn't be in trouble.

"He's kept his promise, he never let on once, not even with all the rants I had at him about trying to figure out if anything was going on," her Mum said. "So has anything happened?"