Eight - Family support

In the morning it felt like the sun was shining on her, warming her body comfortably with its rays. A warm breeze brushing against her skin and through her hair. She opened her eyes and was surprised to find herself still on the sofa looking out onto a cloudy grey sky. It was then she realised it had been Jacob and the personal micro-climate he emanated which had been warming her nicely. The warm breeze was from him running his fingers across her face and through her hair. She turned her head upwards to look at him, his eyes were open and he looked very content.

"Morning gorgeous," he said cheerfully.

"Morning!" She replied with equal cheer.

"Sorry I must have knackered you out yesterday with too much excitement, do you know what time we passed out asleep?" Jacob asked.

Renesmee opened her mouth to supply a guess, but was cut across by Rosalie before she could speak.

"Half nine! What lightweights you both are!" She said coming down the stairs. Renesmee got up and hugged her.

"Morning Rosie," she said.

"Morning Nessie," Rosalie replied, then after taking a breath thrust her away from her with a look of repulsion on her face.

"Ugh! Could you not cosy up to the wolf as much please? You reek of wet dog!" She said disgusted, throwing Jacob a look. He merely grinned back at Rosalie, clearly quite pleased he annoyed her.

Renesmee didn't say anything, she knew Jacob and Rosalie weren't the best of friends. They tolerated each other but managed to aggravate each other more. Renesmee preferred to stay out of it as she loved them both.

"So what are we going to do today?" Renesmee asked Jacob as she came back to sit on the sofa next to him.

"Uh, I think I best not hog you anymore, your family might want to have some time with you. Plus I need to go and see the pack," he said.

"Perhaps I can come with you and then come back later," she said and before he could manage respond she quietly called, "Mum, Dad are you here?"

There was no response and Rosalie said from the kitchen,

"They aren't here yet."

"Oh," Renesmee said slightly disappointed.

Jacob was quick to react to the news her parents weren't in the house as this meant he could communicate with her on matters where they wouldn't want their thoughts overheard by Edward.

"I thought you might want some time to speak to your parents," he said quietly. Even though Rosalie hadn't been making an awful amount of noise in the Kitchen, Renesmee still heard it go quiet and so assumed she was listening in. Renesmee obviously knew that Jacob was referred to Ethan and she'd hoped she could put it off a bit longer, but she realised if she was going to do something that could threaten the whole family she'd better speak to her Mum and Dad before agreeing to go on the date.

"Yea I suppose," she finally said. "But I want you there with me when I tell them, will you please?" She asked.

He looked awkward for a fraction of a second then set his features straight.

"Yea of course I will," he said. "And I'm sure they'll be fine with it, so there's no need to worry."

"Hmm," she said pensively whilst she tried to push all thoughts out of her head until she had to tell her parents.

"Nessie, I've made you breakfast if you are interested," Rosalie called from the kitchen. "And I'm sure there might be some leftovers for the dog." Jacob ignored her insult and leapt up from the sofa and headed towards the kitchen, Renesmee following behind.