Twenty Four - 'Happy'

They got back to the car, it was stuffed full with soft toys and various prizes. As Jacob got into the driver's seat he looked at their load and said,

"We'll be stopping off at the usual on the way home then".

"Yep, looks like it," she replied happily.

"Grab my CD's out of the glove box would you please?" he asked. She obliged, he flicked through them until he found what he was looking for, he popped it in the player. She noticed it was a homemade CD simply and unimaginatively labelled 'Happy'. The music kicked in, it was indeed 'Happy' and Jacob instantly started singing and bopping along in his seat to it.

"Happy?" She said in a puzzled tone, "That's the best CD labelling you could muster?"

He chucked the CD's back for her to put away, she looked at the names on some of the other CD's. They were all titled in a similar fashion, she giggled as she read some of them: 'Rockin', 'Sad', 'Angry', 'Romantic' and 'Sentimental'.

"Oh dear lord!" she said in response.

"What?" he asked starting to drive whilst still dancing along with the tune.

"Your CD descriptions!"

"What's wrong with them? When I'm sad, mad or happy I can put on music that suits my mood. There's nothing wrong with that. Right now we're listening to 'Happy', cos I know how much you like hanging out with me and that makes me very happy!" He said smiling widely at her.

"Surely we're listening to the wrong CD then! Do you have a 'Very Happy' one?" She asked mockingly. He playfully shoved her.

She soon got into the music and started to sing and dance along with Jacob. She was feeling a strange kind of happy, she was still feeling the relief from earlier, she felt like she had a whole new appreciation of him having thought she'd lost him. She didn't want to stop looking at him and didn't want to stray too far from him.

They soon arrived at their destination and unloaded their looty from the car. They were both ladened up with prizes stacked so high neither of them could see over the top. They giggled as they both struggled their way towards the entrance.

Once through the doors, even though he couldn't see her, Jacob managed to tell the receptionist,

"We've got some toys for the kids, if they would be of use?"

"Oh how fantastic, yes they would love them! If you can manage, you just need to go up two floors to the children's ward," she said, with an amused smile at the amount of toys they carried, not that they saw this.

"Thanks," Jacob said, Him and Renesmee headed towards the lift.

They tried to press the button to call for the lift, but neither could manage it. Renesmee eventually managed to balance herself and pressed the button with her toe.

In the lift it was a similar issue, there wasn't as much room and they kept banging into each other's stack of toys, they were in fits of giggles which didn't help.

Renesmee tried her toe trick again, she managed it but lost her balance as the lift jolted into life. She fell back, her toys flying up in the air. Jacob's stack also got flung up as he leant in and caught her. They tumbled to the floor together, which was now a carpet mostly filled with stuffed animals. They creased up with laughter, tangled up in the toys and each other. The lift door opened and several people from the ward looked around to see what the commotion was. The 2nd floor receptionist eyed them curiously, looking amused.

"We brought toys for the kids," Renesmee said in between giggles, gesturing to the toys littering the floor of the lift. "But we appear to have had a slight accident".

The receptionist got out from behind the desk smiling.

"Let me give you a hand with these," she said, then upon looking closer at the contents of the lift she said in surprise, "How did you even carry them into the lift? There's loads of them!"

"Yea, I think that's where we ran into difficulty" Jacob said trying to extract himself from the toys and Renesmee. They emptied the lift in no time, helping the receptionist place the toys on a table in the staff room.

"This is very generous of you, where did you get these all from?" she asked.

"We won them at the fair, we love those stalls" Jacob said.

"Back again?" enquired a nurse who was entering the room behind them. She had been at the hospital on several occasions when they came in to hand over their fair winnings.

"You've been destroying all of the stalls again I see!" she said amused. Jacob and Renesmee said hi and confirmed.

"Renesmee?" The nurse asked questioningly, but clearly not waiting for a response. "My goodness, look at you! So grown up! So beautiful!" Renesmee smiled a little awkwardly in response.

"It's good to see you again Wendy, do you reckon they'll have much use for these?" Renesmee asked.

"Yes they'll love them. Thank you again!" Wendy replied.

"We'd better head out now before we get into anymore trouble" Jacob said.

"Alright, well take care of yourselves and be sure to say hello to Carlisle from me," Wendy said.

They made their way down the stairs this time, giggling at the memory of their lift escapade. It was times like this she loved being with Jacob, she could be completely herself, she could be daft and silly. It was nice to have him to laugh along with, they'd always be laughing at the same thing, it was great to get on with someone this well. It was so comfortable.
They walked arm in arm back to the car, before getting in and setting off towards la push, Renesmee fully appreciating the happy music the whole way there.