Fifty Nine - Stalling

She acted quickly and ran over to grab a bag of weapons she'd been carrying around with her. In the next split second she opened it and handed out an item to each member of the group. They looked at her panicked.

"We're not alone, I can't tell who they are but they aren't from around here. We need to expect the worst."

"Oh god, Mrs Tucker!" Renesmee said, remembering she was out of the room alone. She sprinted to the doors, pausing for a second as she didn't want to run through them and into any sort of trap.

At that moment she heard a scream in the hallway, which sent a shiver up her spine.
In the next instant the double doors were thrust open with such force they ripped from their hinges. Renesmee was thrown backwards, as she did she noticed an object flying over her. Her stomach turned as she identified it as a body. She could see Mrs Tucker's pained and shocked expression as she spiralled through the air at record speed.

Renesmee got up as quickly as she could, Mrs Tucker was still flying through the air at fatal speed. She knew she wouldn't survive the contact with the exam desks and the wall behind them.
She sprinted forward as fast as she possibly could, her arms outstretched, but the room wasn't big enough to allow her time to reach her. She was still metres away when Mrs Tucker brutally slammed against the wall, shattering the exam desks into splinters in the process.

Renesmee knew instantly by the sound of bones shattering that she was too late, Mrs Tucker was dead.

The tears welled up in her eyes, she could have easily dropped to her knees and wept but she didn't have that luxury. If she dropped her guard for a second they would all meet the same fate.

She sucked up her tears and turned quickly to take in the situation in the room, a group of vampires stood at the door about to make their way in. She dashed over to stand in front of the others who were still in the same place she'd left them, although they appeared to have retreated slightly due to the commotion. They all looked shell-shocked. Renesmee knew her reactions, thoughts and sight moved a lot quicker than theirs, so they were probably still processing what had just happened.

She had to keep up with the vampires who would be working at the same speed as her. They entered the room serenely as if they were floating, at the same time she ran through possible solutions or plans to get them out of this situation. Hopefully Alice would have seen the vampires coming. But she'd gone off to hunt, so it would take her a while to get back. If they could somehow get her family here they might stand a chance, although she already knew some of their best fighters weren't around as Edward and Emmett had left to find the pack.

The vampires still hadn't fully made their way into the room, but her attention was taken from her thoughts as something burst through the window opposite her and made its way to her side.

Alice had arrived.

Renesmee felt a little relief at Alice's presence, at least she wasn't alone in trying to protect the others, even though their predicament was still dire.

She shared a quick glance with Alice, which told her everything she needed to know. Alice had never looked so determined, Renesmee knew she was completely prepared to see this through if it came to a fight. She also had a look like she had a plan and the fact that Jasper was not with her was very auspicious. She assumed and hoped that he'd gone for reinforcements. She didn't want to drag her family into a dangerous situation if at all possible, but their current situation looked so desperate that they'd likely stand no chance without them.

She focused her attention back to the vampires entering the room, there were more of them than she suspected. Eight of them filled the room, she suspected more of them surrounded the grounds. She then thought about the rest of her production team, they hadn't long left, did they make it out and home ok? It didn't bear thinking about, she just hoped they did.