Fifty Six - Beans all over the place

Renesmee hadn't heard him approach in all the commotion. She looked at him, then around at the others, hoping one of them would come to her rescue. She had no idea how she could rationally explain what he had obviously just experienced in his head.

"It was like I was seeing through your eyes or something. But that wasn't just happening was it? What was it? Your thoughts? A memory? A premonition? 'Cos that was some weird stuff. Wolves and Vampires?" he said confused.

Renesmee knew she wouldn't be able to lie to him, he was too smart and would figure it out, but she wanted to speak to him properly and was keenly aware that the others were still looking at her after what she'd just shown then.

They now knew what the vampire's plans had been and their faces showed the same signs of strain Renesmee had been keeping hidden on her own.

"Ethan, I will explain. Claire is there somewhere private we can go?"

"You can go into the conservatory," Claire replied.

"Thanks," Renesmee turned to the others, "I didn't mean for you to find out like that, I assumed you knew most of it, but I can see from your faces that you obviously didn't. Jacob wouldn't have taken them off to fight without good reason. The other pack wouldn't have stood a chance without their help. He told me they'd be back in a couple of days too, so hopefully they'll be back by tomorrow morning," she said, with an attempt at a reassuring smile, then led Ethan out to the conservatory.

Once out there they both sat down opposite each other.

"Ness, please tell me what's going on," Ethan said.

"Ok, I will," she said, "I'll answer all of your questions." That way she wouldn't need to give away too much if he didn't ask too many questions.

"What was that I saw in my head?" he asked.

"That was my memory from the night of Harriet's Birthday party."

"How could I see that?"

"I have a special talent that allows me to share my memories with people, normally by touch but I can also share them with more than one person, if I open up my mind."

"What?" He asked confused. "How is that even possible?"

"Not everything in this world is as black and white as you think. There are a few supernatural occurrences going on."

"Nah, you're having me on now," he said. So she simply placed her hand on his cheek and replayed a small memory from their first date. When she released it he looked at her with a surprised face.

"Wow, that's something," he said impressed, "So that memory you showed me earlier was why you disappeared at Harriet's party?"

"Yes."

"Ness, you nearly got killed," Ethan said, his voice full of concern.

"Yes, but I'm fine."

"Only because that huge wolf showed up. Now would you mind telling what that's all about?" he said, before continuing, "I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but was that..,was that, that wolf, uh, Jacob?" Renesmee couldn't help the smile that crept onto her face.

"Yes, Jake would indeed be a wolf," she confirmed. Ethan looked at her with a stunned smile and shook his head.

"This is ludicrous! I'm glad I never tried to take him in a fight," he said with a smile. Renesmee giggled.

Ethan then looked serious and thoughtful again. He took a while to form his next question, finally saying.

"So there were other wolves there, in your memories," he paused for a moment. She said nothing, knowing it was a rhetorical question and guessing where he was going with this. "I heard your thoughts," he continued, "L...Le...Leah's like Jacob isn't she?"