Fifteen - Pamper & gossip

As expected as soon as she got through the front door Alice was in front of her, reprimanding her for being late.

"Where have you been?" She demanded. "I've lost so much time!"

"Sorry I've been with Jake," Renesmee replied, keenly aware that her Mum and, more importantly, Dad were sat on the sofas behind Alice.

Even though it was inevitable she tried to contain her thoughts about the events of today.

"Oh good, you two are talking again," Alice said with a lack of sincerity "Right, upstairs. We need to get you exfoliated, epilated, moisturised, get a face pack on and treat your hair!" She said ushering her up the stairs.

"My daughter doesn't need any of that she's beautiful as she is, she could go out right now and steal that boy's heart, no problem" Bella said loudly from the sofas towards Alice.

"Of course she's already stunning, when I'm done with her she's going to sparkle! He won't know what hit him" Alice replied.

Renesmee started to zone out, her Mum's comment touched her and reminded her of what Jacob was saying a few moments ago. He'd been acting weird ever since what happened earlier. She then panicked, remembering that she'd been trying to conceal these thoughts in her head away from her Dad.

She quickly focused back to the current conversation, trying to block any of the subconscious thoughts that might have automatically been triggered by her initial thought.

"Just don't make her up too much, you need to be able to tell it's her" Bella was saying.

"Oh come on Bella, when have I ever done that to anyone? I just want to pamper her and make her feel special for tomorrow" Alice said smiling at Renesmee.

"Ok, I can get on board with that, but-" Bella started saying however Edward cut over her, his tone and expression a mix of shock, anger and amusement.

"You kissed Jacob?!" he spat out, both Bella and Alice gasped.

"..and he ran into a tree?!" Edward continued a smirk on his face.

"What?" Bella and Alice said in unison, looking between Edward and Renesmee, not knowing who would cough up an answer first. Renesmee was mortified and went bright red.

"But you've got a date with Ethan tomorrow, what's going on?" Bella asked in a kindly manner, but Renesmee could feel a slight heat coming off her, which was impressive seeing as her normal temperature was ice cold.

"It's because of Ethan that I did it" Renesmee replied "Jacob finally caved to what I wanted and it worked, I didn't try to kill him and feel much better about tomorrow as a result" she admitted, blocking her thoughts securely from remembering any details.

"Renesmee I told you to leave him alone about this. How was he afterwards?" Bella asked her, the tone reproachful.

"He was fine, sort of" she replied half heartedly, then continued at the questioning look she received from her Mum.

"He was fine, but, well, he kinda ran into a tree by mistake" she said trying to sound concerned, but failing as a big smile took over her face. They all fell about laughing.

"Oh you need to let me see that Nessie" Bella demanded

"Me too" Alice added. So Renesmee reached out to touch them both on the cheek to show them her memory.

"Ouch" they both said, wincing as they watched Jacob make contact with the tree, then collapsed about giggling.

"I can't wait to rib him about this" Bella giggled. Renesmee couldn't help but giggle along with the others.

"That one's going to keep me going for a while!" Alice said between giggles, then composed herself enough to say to Renesmee "So do you fancy a pamper sesh?".

"Yes please Aunt Alice!" she replied

"Are you coming Mum?" Renesmee asked.

"Girly pamper session?" Bella replied unsure, Ren smiled nodding.

"Oh why not" Bella finally conceded and went with them upstairs.

They all had a great time, sat around in robes, face packs on, hair wrapped in towels whilst their deep conditioning treatments got to work. Alice painted Renesmee's and Bella's nails, they giggled and gossiped. It was an amazingly relaxing experience.

The conversation inevitably picked up the topic of her kiss with Jacob. Renesmee had been expecting this and she suspected this was the main reason her Mum uncharacteristically agreed to take part in this pamper session.

"So how was it?" her Mum asked. Renesmee looked at the door to confirm it was firmly shut, when she was sure she started talking, but not without blushing first.

"Well I've got no point of reference" she said "All I'm saying is that if it's that good trying it out on my best friend, I can't wait to try with Ethan" blushing deeper as she finished. Bella and Alice giggled in response.

"Really?! That good? I don't know how you put up with the stench!" Alice said.

"Jacob smells good!" Renesmee defended "Like a cosy log fire or something, you pure vamps are all just weird!" she mocked.

"Oh really?" Alice replied in mock outrage "You are the one kissing the dog" she said smiling, making Renesmee blush again.

Meanwhile on the other side of town, Jacob's universe had just exploded.